Main Menu

Removing a watermark from a pic

Started by 303 Mopar, May 22, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Not trying to discredit or rip off anyone, but what app/website/tool do you guys use to remove a watermark from a pic.  An example is the pic below.

Cuda Cody

The fastest and best way would be to contact the artist and ask him a copy that does not have the watermark on it.

71GranCoupe

I am sure others know more than I do on this. One way to do it, is if the watermarks are at the bottom or side, you can do a "crop" in paint or similar program. Example below, the new e-bodies "WM" is back on the new picture.

anlauto

That was going to be my only suggestion as well  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Thanks guys. Inpaint works about as well as iPhoto. I think the best option is just to crop it out.

4mayhemi

so . . . are you going to get rid of the Ebodies.org watermark as well?  :Stirring:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 4mayhemi on May 23, 2017, 10:15:19 AM
so . . . are you going to get rid of the Ebodies.org watermark as well?  :Stirring:

NEVER!  I love Ebodies.org!!    :inlove:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 22, 2017, 11:33:31 AM
Not trying to discredit or rip off anyone, but what app/website/tool do you guys use to remove a watermark from a pic.  An example is the pic below.

I hate to be "that guy",  but trying to remove the photographer's watermark is in and of itself an attempt to rip someone off. I'm not sure how that could be viewed otherwise.

I have several professional photographer friends and that's certainly not okay in their book.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 23, 2017, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 22, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

I hate to be "that guy",  but trying to remove the photographer's watermark is in and of itself an attempt to rip someone off. I'm not sure how that could be viewed otherwise.

I have several professional photographer friends and that's certainly not okay in their book.

I get it if I was trying to use the pic as a promotion or a magazine or whatever, but its just a screensaver on my personal computer.  No doubt, there are people that take advantage of pics/video/audio and rip off artists and industries daily but that is not me.

I did pay for the use of a couple of pics from a photographer in a couple of magazine articles and he still through a fit even though I had a signed agreement from him.  He wanted the magazine to give him credit and insert his url and they would not do it.  In the end, we just removed his two pictures as it was easier.