Main Menu

Selling a newer car?

Started by JH27N0B, August 13, 2021, 07:17:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Here is my '09 that I would like to sell.  6 speed bought new off the showroom floor with 7 miles on the odometer, now has just under 37,000 and always garage kept and parked winters.

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on August 14, 2021, 07:50:07 AM
I think AutoTrader would be a good place for a newer car.. :twothumbsup:
I'm getting frustrated with Autotrader! I submitted a listing for my '09 last weekend and the site said it would appear within 24-48 hours.  I checked back Tuesday and it still said "pending".  I gave them a pass thinking they had to get caught up from the Labor Day holiday.
Well Friday it's still pending, so I call.  The agent says he needs to check with IT because my ad should be up. Then he gets back to me and says they are fixing it and it will be up later in the day.
Yesterday morning, still pending.  I call the agent says it should be up in a couple hours.
Saturday afternoon, still pending.  I call again, the agent says I'll get $25 back due to them not resolving the problem when promised.
Then contacts me later saying still not resolved and issue being escalated, but IT can't work on it until Monday.
I can't imagine why getting an online ad to list is such a challenge!

Ricomondo

Look great Brad!!!

I bet that thing drives like a Caddy; nice and plush! Can't wait to see it in person!
I'm gonna start calling you a collector now!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JH27N0B

I can't wait to see it too, I've only seen it twice and wish I could find a home for my '09 so I could go pick it up and drive it home from storage!
Heck maybe I'd be driving it down to Moparty in a few days since the trailer I was promised to borrow didn't work out to take the T/A.
After over a week and multiple phone calls to Autotrader, they finally figured out the ad was "stuck" because the VIN wasn't valid.
I was baffled by that, as I double checked and the VIN I submitted came off my insurance card which I had just received a new card and it was sitting on my desk when I submitted the ad.
Then later I checked the car, and one digit on my card was wrong.  Seems State Farm has had my car insured for 12 years with the VIN incorrect!
And when I call Autotrader once again today, they tell me they can't fix the VIN in my listing, so I need to start over again with a new ad.  Seriously?
Of course I called my insurance agent and had them correct their records.  An H in the VIN they had down as an 8, I can see how giving them the number over the phone when I bought the car H could sound like 8 but I would think that their system would confirm VINs and that error would have got caught ages ago.
Me and my luck trying to sell cars, I believe I am cursed and doubt at this point I will ever be able to sell a car again.  I better buy myself a building somewhere to house my little museum since I have run out of room at home.