Main Menu

Selling Parts and Getting Old

Started by 71vert340, July 29, 2020, 08:49:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Cool, I was thinking of trying to remove the tires myself if I get a truck, none of my current cars sit high enough to put the tire under and a jack on the sidewall to try to break the bead, or is there another way?

ratroaster

Quote from: 71vert340 on August 08, 2020, 06:05:11 AM
Update. My friend has agreed to come get the two flat hoods and any other parts I need to get rid of and put them in his storage units. Now, I don't have to recycle them at the scrap yard.
Terry
I would be interested in the Harms Shaker kit if you are looking to sell and willing to ship.  I already have a flat hood and bubble for the conversion.

340Challman

You mentioned that you have doors. What have you got? I need a drivers door for a 70. I'd prefer a 70, but may take other if a 70 proves elusive. I'm in Boise, so I'd drive up to see ya no problem.  :)
Kevin

71vert340

I have one drivers door. My friend came and got the other doors. He has a 72 Challenger and they were 72 doors.
Terry

340Challman

Quote from: 71vert340 on August 08, 2020, 12:54:55 PM
I have one drivers door. My friend came and got the other doors. He has a 72 Challenger and they were 72 doors.
Terry

What's the condition and how much do you want for it?
Kevin

71vert340

I'll get some help to get it out of the back of my shop, get it outside, and take a few photos. I got the door in a trade and need to look at the condition.
Terry

71vert340

@340Challman. PM me with your email as I have 9 photos of the door. 3 dents I can access form the inside. I found an old repair about 2" in diameter on body line with filler just forward of door handle. No rust through at all. No cracks.  Surface rust  inside.
Terry

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 08, 2020, 11:36:09 AM
Cool, I was thinking of trying to remove the tires myself if I get a truck, none of my current cars sit high enough to put the tire under and a jack on the sidewall to try to break the bead, or is there another way?

A truck would be best, What I do is use a bumper jack without the bottom piece (the foot) I put the column on the tire tight to the rim/bead junction angling the jack slightly toward the rim... An older car with real bumpers will work, obviously a driver/beater not your assorted Challengers... Though in my younger days I did break a few beads using my old Charger...

As Jeff Foxworthy would say "You might be a Redneck".   Yup, & proud of it.... Rednecks will survive while certain other groups become extinct.... :rofl:

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 08, 2020, 11:44:35 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on August 08, 2020, 11:36:09 AM

A truck would be best, What I do is use a bumper jack without the bottom piece (the foot) I put the column on the tire tight to the rim/bead junction angling the jack slightly toward the rim... An older car with real bumpers will work, obviously a driver/beater not your assorted Challengers... Though in my younger days I did break a few beads using my old Charger...

As Jeff Foxworthy would say "You might be a Redneck".   Yup, & proud of it.... Rednecks will survive while certain other groups become extinct.... :rofl:

SAWZAL
They are trash anyway. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

This method looks interesting, I'd just need to buy a couple straps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uyuZhj3fnw