Main Menu

Shipping to Canada from USA

Started by VCODE, October 07, 2022, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Well I sent a package from PA to Quebec Canada on 9/29/22 Priority Mail International. It got to Customs on Monday 10/3/22 now saying on hold from Monday 10/3/22 and today is Friday 10/7/22. Is this normal I don't ship international and don't know why they have a hold on it a Customs. Or does it just take lots of time to go into Customs.
Anyone?
Thanks Bob 

anlauto

YES, it can take a while to clear customs, especially if there is anything suspicious about what you declared. If your description was vague or your value really low...those tend to set off flags... On a normal parcel it can take a few days. It may also stay there while they contact the receiver to let them know there's taxes owing...Usually with USPS, the CBSA will handle the brokerage ($9.95 fee) and they will let the person know how much tax is do...Everything arriving in this country is subject to tax :alan2cents:

Seeing how you are sending items here for "repair", that's a whole different story....I'm not sure how that works....not sure if SSM Resto will have to pay tax or not, but you should be subjected to tax upon it's return....either way the Government will want their cut... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

I put $200 dollar valve and listed the parts as used auto parts. Latches, pedals and levers.
See what happens

Rich G.

I've shipped parts to Canada and nobody really said anything about the time but I had a brake booster rebuilt in Canada and after it was shipped it took over a month to get back to me in NJ. Go figure?

anlauto

Quote from: VCODE on October 07, 2022, 10:53:16 AM
I put $200 dollar valve and listed the parts as used auto parts. Latches, pedals and levers.
See what happens
Serge may have to pay $46.35 CDN in order to receive it if it was sent as a parcel, again if it was sent as an item for repair...I'm not sure what happens....you would think Serge would get it tax free... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

VCODE

now I'm getting worried. Still on hold Toronto-A
From Last Monday 10/3/22 now at 7 days

Jay Bee

Patience, Canada Post does minimum work on weekends and nothing today, it's a national holiday - Thanksgiving.

VCODE

Oh, Thanks that sounds better. Today is Columbus Day Holiday

MKA

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 10, 2022, 12:45:32 PM
Patience, Canada Post does minimum work on weekends and nothing today, it's a national holiday - Thanksgiving.

It's a holiday here in the US too but no one knows what it is  :haha:

VCODE

Quote from: MKA on October 10, 2022, 02:40:22 PM
Quote from: Jay Bee on October 10, 2022, 12:45:32 PM

It's a holiday here in the US too but no one knows what it is  :haha:

I do, I'm Italian :banana:

anlauto

Bob, try going here and enter your tracking number, maybe you'll get more detailed results.
https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/home.page

Jay Bee

Good point Alan.
I'm curious Bob, are you checking the tracking on USPS Tracking or Canada Post Tracking?

anlauto

Yes, I've learnt that trick over the years, once the USPS tracking says it's in Canada, I switch to Canada Post to track incoming items  :unitedstates: :canada:

Jay Bee

Yea, tracking numbers are transferred to most destination countries. I was able to track a radio that I sold to someone in Thailand by going to the Thailand Post website and using Google translator to input the number in the right place. Once done, I was able to track it in that country right up to delivery.

VCODE

Thanks guys: just tracked on Canada site: As of 10/11/22 8:25am Item has been presented to Canada Border Service Agency for customs review as of Oct 3rd 2:03pm Mississauga ON  Check delivery progress 1-12 days
Tracking # CJ195681692US
Thanks Bob