Main Menu

This is taking up a lot of my time.

Started by 71-440, August 07, 2019, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71-440

Well in-between work and trying to get my car fixed this is what I am doing these days.
Getting the top deck almost finished and still have to do the bottom deck then build the stairs...... :Thud:

I built this deck 15 years ago and the pressure treated wood started to rot. Had to replace all the joists and rim joists on the upper deck.
Tip... Don't use the coated screws they sell for decking. Use stainless steel!

Trex decking going down now....

Joe

7E-Bodies

Went through the exact same issue a couple years ago.  I feel the pain.  Nice work, btw.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Composite decking....the only thing more expensive than mopars
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

larry4406

Looks nice.

I have the same project to do some day...

anlauto

Looks beautiful, you need a slide from the top deck into the pool ! :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

Looks really nice. I've done my share of decks over the years. It is alot of work but fun at the same time for me. When its done you enjoy it.

Spikedog08

Looks Great!  Adding value to your home!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7212Mopar

Wow. Looking good. You just give me a reminder to get back on my project. I had been building my deck on and off for probably three years now. Framing is almost done and I am using pressure treated lumber. I will be going with composite deck board but has not decided which brand or color. Also looking into SS cable fencing with wood post. Now that my car is "finished", I need to get back on it. The deck board will cost a small fortune.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

71-440

The composite decking is very expensive. I started this project last year. This year I got really into it. Plus my wife has been on my butt about it.
It's a free standing deck. Not attached to the house. My brother has built several decks over the years using Trex and recommended it. I was 15 years younger when I first built it
and I enjoyed the work. Now it's a royal pain in the butt. And it's been in the 90's here everyday.....

As far as the slide from the deck to the pool Alan my son has repeatedly suggested that...lol

I'd much rather be working on my Mopar. But such is life.

The 20' deck boards are about $40.00 a pc. The rails come in different kits. Also expensive.
So far the deck boards for both decks,rails for the top deck only and pressure treated joists for the top deck ran us over $6000.00.
Still need to replace some rotten wood on the lower deck buy the rails and build the staircase.  :Thud:

And my baby sits in the garage waiting for me to get her back up and running..... :headbang:

Joe