Main Menu

Show or tell: The rare option your E body came with

Started by Topcat, April 02, 2017, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DetMatt

This is a great thread, keep them coming. :ohyeah:
JH27N1 in Butterscotch with ac.

anlauto

There was red Cuda door inserts with chrome, there was never orange ones like first pictured  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hato

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 02, 2017, 05:36:30 PM
I would love to see some original photos of Gator Grain tops!   :yes:  I've always liked that top.
i can show you a piece we saved from the t/a :D haven't seen a vintage photo yet of one surface

cataclysm80

Quote from: hato on April 03, 2017, 04:53:32 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 02, 2017, 05:36:30 PM
I would love to see some original photos of Gator Grain tops!   :yes:  I've always liked that top.
i can show you a piece we saved from the t/a :D haven't seen a vintage photo yet of one surface

Oops, I forgot to post them.

Gator gain tops were made from black vinyl that was coated in a brown dye for a mottled brown look. 
With enough exposure to the elements, the brown dye fades away and they start to look more black, but they're supposed to be brownish.   The brownish coloring affected what paint colors were suggested for use with a V1G gator grain top.
The material was made by Stauffer Chemical.
The seam is 36.5 inches wide.

Here's a few pics...

750-h2

I have a 1970 Challenger V code R/T SE in triple EF8 green with white longitudinal stripe.  Several persons have told me that the triple green cars are rare? Barry advised me that he has only two more in this colour combination in his registry, a Hemi and a 383 car.

FY1443433

The options on the 1970 Challenger R/T that I own are many, but the two that sticks out to me are D21 and H51 combination. It also has no console so the Pistol Grip Shifter can be seen.  It also came with Sill Molding and a Six Way Seat.  Not to take away the fact that it was a sales bank car, just hard to believe that it came with such odd options.  It was close to the end of the run for 1970 model year July 30, 1970 when this Challenger rolled across the assembly line so it's quite possible to be the last R/T.  That could be debatable. 

FY1

Brads70

I sure love they look of the Gator grain roof. If I was ever to add a vinyl roof it would be without a doubt Gator grain.  :wowzers:
I always thought Gator grain was a Challenger only thing. Learned something new!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

How about this ordered car.
It's a 1971 Cuda ordered with:
4 speed
Air Conditioning
Orange/Black interior.

Here's where it gets weird ....
Tint glass delete G21
No Radio
No mirror options
No console
15 X 7 Steel wheels (should be black) and yes those are the original 450's still on it...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

That is a cool one Alan. I like the 71 white too.
Sheldon

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 750-h2 on April 04, 2017, 06:18:54 AM
I have a 1970 Challenger V code R/T SE in triple EF8 green with white longitudinal stripe.  Several persons have told me that the triple green cars are rare? Barry advised me that he has only two more in this colour combination in his registry, a Hemi and a 383 car.

The guy I bought my Barracuda from has a triple EF8 green AAR. I sat in it in disbelief. Green interior, green vinyl top ef8 green exterior. It also had a center console to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

I had the pleasure of talking with the original owner of this "ordered" car.....when I restored it...

When I asked him why it had the five speaker system, cassette deck mounted on the console, but ONLY an AM radio.....His answer was simple.....in 1971 there were no FM Stations in Newfoundland :huh: Simple enough :alan2cents:

Only keep the car about a year....I guess the 440+6 backed by a 4 speed and a 4:10 Dana was too much for the small 14" Magnum wheels with F70's....the original motor blew up in that first year and was replaced under warranty  :burnout:

cuda hunter

Is A93 rare?   My 71 bh has that.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cataclysm80

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 04, 2017, 09:00:50 PM
Is A93 rare?   My 71 bh has that.

I know I'd like to see more. :)
Any pics of the other A93 stuff?
71 used the chrome window crank plugs right?
Textured black steering wheel?
Did your car have a cigar lighter chrome plug, vinyl flooring, or a non-Day/Night mirror?
I don't think I have a picture of an A93 single horn setup under the hood yet.  Did the A93 cars get a high note horn, or a low note horn, and which position was it mounted in?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cataclysm80 on April 04, 2017, 09:15:39 PM

71 used the chrome window crank plugs right?

My 71 had black plastic plugs that were textured like the rear panel...  Circular plug about 1.4" in diameter with a groove near the outer edge maybe a 1.1 diameter circular groove....

cuda hunter

This one came with chrome plugs.

Not sure about the rest.  Although I do believe it has a textured black steering wheel.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee