Main Menu

New from West Coast BC

Started by Gizmo327, July 23, 2019, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gizmo327

got the mopar bug and I am really drawn to the 1970-74 coda/barracuda. Think I may have found a contender but its about a days drive away so trying to do my research before I take time of to go look at it.

its a 1974 Barracuda and was told it was originally a 6 cylinder car and has had a 440 put into it ( not sure of the donor car) with a semi automatic with shift kit (not sure what it is) and cannot remember what he said the rear end was.

he was an older gentleman and sounds like he has just finished putting car together as it has not been on the road in a few years but said when he bought it had drag bars on in that he removed when doing the work.

Any remendations on what I should be looking for would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Ed

anlauto

Congratulations you have found the best E Body website in the world...Welcome  :grouphug:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Gizmo327   :welcome:

The best thing would be to take a lot of photos and post them on here.  There's a TON of guys on here that know more about Mopars than you can ever imagine.  And they are all super ready to help with tips and advice from years of experience. 

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 23, 2019, 05:58:19 PM
Welcome to the forum @Gizmo327   :welcome:

The best thing would be to take a lot of photos and post them on here.  There's a TON of guys on here that know more about Mopars than you can ever imagine.  And they are all super ready to help with tips and advice from years of experience.

:iagree:  and Welcome from  :canada:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome, I live in Chilliwack if I can be of any help.
Sheldon

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta!
Joe

Jay Bee

:welcome:  Ed, hope the Cuda pans out for ya.

Gizmo327

Question for the Canadian members. I have notice that most running cars that are older restorations are usually going for 30k plus abs that is for non matching number car. Is this the normal or just people asking too much?

Swamp Donkey

Welcome from way up in northern BC.   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

CudaMoparRay

Dakota

:wave: Welcome from Buffalo, NY.   Can't help you on your car cost question, but I'm sure someone else here can.

xx88man

:welcome:  from Chilliwack B.C. I hate to say it but these cars are expensive..... keep your eye out for a deal. Good luck to you!
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Yup, certainly not a cheap hobby anymore and usually the Mopars are more expensive then the Fords or Chevs. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:welcome: I don't believe they put /6 engines in E-body's in 1974!