Main Menu

New from West Coast BC

Started by Gizmo327, July 23, 2019, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

bcbassfishing

Hello from a few hours inland of ya... I'm getting back into the hobby as well after a few years.    That $30k number as the asking price for older resto's I think is pretty optimistic.  Selling prices are quite different especially with cars that don't have the pedigree I see lots of these cars hover in that asking price online, and the same car still keeps popping up again and again.  There's a nice looking 360 4spd car on CL that has been for sale for many many months for that and is still advertised.
I remember when I started with these things I bought a very rough 74 barracuda and learned allot of what to ills you need to look for ( it had most of them).  Mainly is frame.. mainly front one under the master cyl. watch the rear all the way from the axle back.  Torsion bar area, Floors, trunk floor, inner fenders. Engine wise I would automaticly assume a fresh'n up at the minimum if it has been sitting around.    I would look at the car find out what things are damaged or need replacing and price those things out.  Don't forget horrible exchange rate and shipping costs living in Canada.  Body is another ball of wax... lots of good stuff available now unlike my days but depending on your ability or if you have to farm out that major step could make a turn key key car seem like a bargin.  IF you do move forward.. get a good network of like minded Ebody freaks who have parts and knowledge on the subject as it can save your but when your missing those little things that hold up production... Just my 2 cents on it.

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: to the site from sunny West Michigan, Ed!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

mopar thunder

:welcome: from Florida. Good luck in your search. My advice its to be diligent and take photos.

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!    Glad you signed up!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2019, 04:33:36 AM
Yup, certainly not a cheap hobby anymore and usually the Mopars are more expensive then the Fords or Chevs. :alan2cents:
:iagree:  Congratulations Alan! Hard to ignore such an astute and oh so true observation. :thinking:
By the way, welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Gizmo327

Curious on thoughts. Seen a few cars listed that the engine bay was painted black, but the outside painted different. I'm thinking if I'm just getting a car that does not require major work it might be worth buying one like that and just paint it the color I want. If down the road I decide to pull the engine then maybe get the engine bay painted or even to a resto at that time after a few years of enjoyment. Any ideas on what a basic full paint job would be on a car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbassfishing

Engine bay paint is a great winter project... good time to tidy up wiring, tune up, weepy gaskets ect.   Couple weekends and your won't look like a chevy numpty mobile. lol

Mopsquad

Welcome to the site, from Palm Springs, CA via Montreal, Que  :canada: