Main Menu

theft protection

Started by gumby, May 02, 2018, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

what do you do? curious what works.

BIGSHCLUNK

The old saying... if they want it bad enough......   :crying:

That being said. Alarmed garage, 100lb Sheperd that can get to the garage in .0265 seconds, .45, 9mm,.38. And yes all these senarios have come into play at one time or another. Lucky for me its always been a rodent or large moth that has sprung the alarm. Having nieghbors that like you help too! Years ago SEARS had a battery that you could turn on and off with a remote. The one I had worked well, I liked it. But most people had issues and they pulled them from the market.

GoodysGotaCuda

I can't share my current tricks. Back when i had a distributor, i pulled the rotor and put it in my pocket during sketchy parking areas. Good luck without that!
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JH27N0B

I drive cars with sticks.  That deters a large percentage of today's car thieves as they don't know how to use a clutch!  And even though I live in he suburbs, I stay out of Chicago.
At home I stashed the emergency release rope on my garage door so thieves can't break the window and reach in and pull it.  And I have a variety of firearms I would brandish if I heard someone trying to break in.

Brads70

I have a hidden electric fuel pump switch as well as a main electrical shut off switch in the trunk.  If thieves REALLY want it they will have it. That's what insurance is for.  My measures are more to keep 3 teenage boys from temptations...... I know I was bad....

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Brads70 on May 02, 2018, 04:38:13 PM
I have a hidden electric fuel pump switch as well as a main electrical shut off switch in the trunk.  If thieves REALLY want it they will have it. That's what insurance is for.  My measures are more to keep 3 teenage boys from temptations...... I know I was bad....

I did pretty much the same thing and added an electronic emergency brake with a hidden switch. My watch cat isn't much help. :rofl:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: ToxicWolf on May 02, 2018, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on May 02, 2018, 04:38:13 PM

I did pretty much the same thing and added an electronic emergency brake with a hidden switch. My watch cat isn't much help. :rofl:

Great idea Toxic, never knew these existed.: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/E-Stopp-ESK001-Electric-Emergency-Brake-Kit,65217.html?sku=142100&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5aq2krfq2gIVhMVkCh1EQAJjEAQYASABEgLL7fD_BwE

IRON MAN

I've installed several inline valves on the frame rail under the driver's door. With a 37" sleeve length I can rach the percock from the driver's seat.

chargerdon

You guys are paranoid !!   

Our 66-67 Chargers are worth between 15-30 K...unless its a hemi...      Do you put fuel shut off devices on your 40K Lexus, or 45K Cadillac or $40K Chrysler Pacifica or ..o well you get the idea !!

ToxicWolf

Quote from: chargerdon on May 05, 2018, 10:51:57 AM
You guys are paranoid !!   

Our 66-67 Chargers are worth between 15-30 K...unless its a hemi...      Do you put fuel shut off devices on your 40K Lexus, or 45K Cadillac or $40K Chrysler Pacifica or ..o well you get the idea !!

Honestly, our concern about our classic cars isn't motivated by money as much as our love for the cars themselves. I know I can go by my local toyoa place and by exact duplicate for my wife's Prius (which I actually really like). Can't do that for my 70 Challenger Restomod.  :thinking:

nsmall

:iagree:

Yes I have full coverage, but I unfortunately would not get paid for the hundreds and hundreds of hours I invested.

Does anyone have a gps tracker?

This might sound paranoid but I have people driving by my house all the time and even though I live in a decent neighborhood I don't trust anyone.

I remember guy was offering a $10,000 reward on Craigslist in SoCal as someone stole his car...FROM HIS GARAGE

CudaMoparRay

If the claim that never one car has been stolen is true then that's pretty good.
Although relatively a very simple device IMO they require "Professional" installation making the total price a bit on the costly side.
But again, if never stolen, then might be worth it for peace of mind :notsure:

http://www.ravelco.com/product.html

Katfish

If someone wanted the car that bad, why would they drive it away?
Too much hassle when they can just throw it on a flatbed and be done.

YellowThumper

Had a friend that had a fuel line shutoff. Car was stolen and then ran out of gas in the middle of a street. They just took off and abandoned it there so they would not to have to explain to anyone.

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ZEN357

Kill switch located some where in the car.