Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 02:36:38 PM
Quote from: Mopsquad on January 12, 2022, 02:15:57 PM
I'm a French Canadian living abroad and that video just took me right back home.   :))

I have to ask you a question, but first I want to say that I mean no offense. So please don't get offended or angry. It is not my intent.

You say you are French Canadian. Why aren't you just Canadian? Is it because you came from or live in Quebec? Or is it because you grew up speaking French? This confuses me in the U.S. as well. For example, Asian American or African American. I just think of us as Americans. I have to admit, I'm fairly ignorant about Canada. Typical dumb American. We are rather self absorbed. But anyway, I was just curious what makes a French Canadian.  :cheers:

We joke with a good friend of mine that is white but from South Africa.  She is one of my African American friends.  African American makes no sense.  I had a friend from Morocco, African American again.

I have French Canadian ancestry, not sure why it was recorded that way, they were Canadian but originally Dutch, Van Der Land.

anlauto

It gets better in Quebec....no vaccination...no right to see your children any more  :banana: I wonder if you can suspend your support payments as well... :haha:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/quebec-judge-suspends-unvaccinated-man-s-visitation-rights-with-child/ar-AASHXg4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

340Challman

Quote from: worthywads on January 12, 2022, 04:47:11 PM
We joke with a good friend of mine that is white but from South Africa.  She is one of my African American friends.  African American makes no sense.  I had a friend from Morocco, African American again.

I have French Canadian ancestry, not sure why it was recorded that way, actually Dutch, Van Der Land.

Humorous isn't it. The reality is I'm a German, Irish, Dutch, Seminole Indian American. Now how's that for Heinz 57?
Kevin

anlauto

Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 05:08:54 PM

I have French Canadian ancestry, not sure why it was recorded that way, actually Dutch, Van Der Land.

Humorous isn't it. The reality is I'm a German, Irish, Dutch, Seminole Indian American. Now how's that for Heinz 57?

It's funny when people ask me my Nationality ..."I'm Canadian"....What about your parents, where were they born?...."Canada"....yea, but what about your Grand parents, where where they born ?..."Canada, before it was called Canada".....don't ask me about my Great Grand Parents....I have no clue :canada:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

worthywads

Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 05:08:54 PM

I'm 2% Potawatomi, from my Van Der Land side, way back records show Squaw #1, they didn't record names back then.  There were Squaw 2, and Squaw 3 eventually, he was a player with the indigenous.

My Grandmother was definitely 100% Polish, but my Father was a bastard and was not fathered by Ted Wadzinski where I get my name.  He adopted my dad when he was 3, and then died when he was 5.  1/4 of my ancestry is a blank.  Unlike most "African Americans" that are 100% blank.

dodj

Quote from: worthywads on January 12, 2022, 05:29:52 PM
I'm 2% Potawatomi,
I don't even know what that is? For a wild a$$ guess I'll say a native band around the Potomac?

My family roots are Canada. Prior to that? Best guess is from UK sometime in the early 1800's
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

worthywads

Quote from: dodj on January 12, 2022, 06:09:20 PM
Quote from: worthywads on January 12, 2022, 05:29:52 PM
I'm 2% Potawatomi,
I don't even know what that is? For a wild a$$ guess I'll say a native band around the Potomac?

My family roots are Canada. Prior to that? Best guess is from UK sometime in the early 1800's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potawatomi

dodj

Quote from: njsteve on January 12, 2022, 08:16:59 AM
So they are lying? 
In ICU
Unvaccinated cases  138
Partially vaccinated cases  14
Fully vaccinated cases  158

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations#vaccine-status-data
[/i]

No, you're not fully interpreting all the stats on your own page.
[/quote]

Yes he is.
The number now are....
To continue the discussion on Torred's thanksgiving....lol

Ontario gov't is reporting a total of 505 in ICU.
343 in ICU reported as covid
186 vaccinated (partially or fully)
157 unvaccinated
The balance non covid ICU admissions.

And our daily case counts here are anywhere from 50-75% vaccinated individuals last I saw, but I have not seen those breakdowns in the news now for a while.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Brads70

I get there is a lot of garbage on the net but I stumbled across this guy. He seems pretty centered, appears to have no political agenda, or biases, and "reports" the data and lets you draw your own conclusions for the most part . He has a daily update most of the time. Nice to see what's being "reported" world wide instead of the crap spewed on regular media especially here in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg/about

Brads70

Found this one of interest.

torredcuda

I`ve watched him also, he breaks tings down to facts, non-facts and opinions. Data can be easily manipulated - someone comes into the ICU having a heart attack and is checked and found to be covid+ and is then added to the number of covid cases in ICU even though that is not the reason the person is there and may be asypmtomatic.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

worthywads

Yeah, his videos have been posted here before.  One standout was his adamant push for people to wear masks with evidence to back it.

njsteve

Quote from: torredcuda on January 13, 2022, 10:37:33 AM
I`ve watched him also, he breaks tings down to facts, non-facts and opinions. Data can be easily manipulated - someone comes into the ICU having a heart attack and is checked and found to be covid+ and is then added to the number of covid cases in ICU even though that is not the reason the person is there and may be asypmtomatic.

BINGO!  That's what I was commenting on with the daily Canadian hospital stats. Everyone being admitted to a hospital is required to be tested. And anyone who then tests positive (whether vaxed or not, or there for something totally unrelated to covid) still gets categorized as being there for covid treatment statistic purposes. That is misleading, regardless of what side of the discussion you are on.

FYI, my 20-something son who is home from college since Christmas (Moderna vaxed and boosted) woke up with a sore throat and a 99.2 temp yesterday morning, (Same exact mild symptoms I had two weeks ago when I had it) He's feeling better today.  Tested positive this morning. By this afternoon he was back on his gaming system yelling at his friends.  So If he got from me when I had symptoms on 12/30/21 that works out to a 12-day incubation period.

I like those Dr Campbell videos. Very informative. Interesting finding that the people who have had various common colds (Covid-2) over the past year have an extra cross-immunity against Covid-19. Coincidentally, my wife and son got over their recent bad colds around a month and a half ago so it looks like that might have helped.

worthywads

Daily 7 day average deaths jumped from 1221 Dec 30, to 1827 yesterday. 

Like every other surge the deaths are lagging.  2670, 2730 last 2 days.