Main Menu

Unknown barn full of cars . .

Started by Spikedog08, June 01, 2021, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

a bit of a let down, but not total surprise. There's got to be a story there though, how does 1 guy (I assume old-ish) get "collect" that much stuff. Still, probably some value in the vehicles & boats but not sure an estate company would even take that on.

good luck with the barn!

anlauto

Have you ever watched the TV show "Hoarders", that place is nothing, except a burden to the guy's sister....1-800-Got Junk ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

A charity like Kars4Kids or Make A Wish might be an easy way to get rid of the vehicles and get a tax receipt.

1 Wild R/T

If the owner is lucky they might be able to trade all the boats & cars for the labor to have someone come in & clean it up....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 08, 2021, 10:00:48 AM
If the owner is lucky they might be able to trade all the boats & cars for the labor to have someone come in & clean it up....

A friend of mine is retired and that's what he does now, maybe not on that scale, but he makes a fortune on stuff people throw out..He cleans out houses, gets tons of old toys, furniture, collectables, etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on June 08, 2021, 10:07:58 AM

A friend of mine is retired and that's what he does now, maybe not on that scale, but he makes a fortune on stuff people throw out..He cleans out houses, gets tons of old toys, furniture, collectables, etc...

Has he ever found an old original shaker bubble sitting in the basement?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 08, 2021, 11:04:36 AM
Quote from: anlauto on June 08, 2021, 10:07:58 AM

Has he ever found an old original shaker bubble sitting in the basement?

Every time he comes to my house... :haha: :haha:

cuda hunter

I've had to rehab several properties.  That doesn't look so bad.   
But it's a PIA regardless.   That garage doesn't look so bad anyway.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Actually, it looks like a pretty nice boat.    Someone will buy that!  Break Out Another Thousand.
And you know there is no lack of fox body lovers out there.  I'm sure that would sell fast.  Especially if it is nice as the car cover suggests.   

Property itself looks very nice from what I can see. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

So the suspense is over and I have unlocked the barn . . here is what I found:

In the barn:

Ford Mercury Capri
Volkswagen Rabbit
Honda Civic
Dodge Rampage Prospector
Mazda 323
Dodge Daytona (smashed in front) (80’s)
Yamaha Warrior Quad
Small boat
Flat bottom Boat
Canoe
Backhoe

Now outside:

Volkswagen small truck
Dodge Charger (80’s)
Dodge Daytona (80’s)
Sabaru
Volkswagen Van
Astro Mini Van
Chevy Blazer
Feiro
Corvette
An enclosed trailer that has personal property in it (tool boxes, a motorcycle and a lot of boxes. 
A car hauler with large trees growing through it.

Was hoping for something a little older and collectible but it is what it is.  Most of the car are pretty much junk to me . . but as I dig into this, who knows. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1972V21Cuda

anlauto

Easily a $1000 bucks worth of stuff  :bigthumb:

Brads70

You had me excited reading Dodge Daytona till the year came up....  :crying:
:haha:

RUNCHARGER

Yup: About what would be expected. You have to chase  all leads down though and eventually one will pay off.
Sheldon

wes473

Still there's some stuff for the value in there, for future reference I highly advise when doing any sort venture like this to get your payment stuff in writing!

I know a collector that came up with 3/4 of a million dollars cash to buy couple acres of cars that had Hemi cars Impalas, Corvette, etc. then on top of changing the deal as they went along the owners other family members came in and stole hemi's and other high dollar items in the night. They are in court right now contesting, hopefully he has lots of pictures of his purchase.