Main Menu

Unknown barn full of cars . .

Started by Spikedog08, June 01, 2021, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So as some of you know, I am a real estate broker in Michigan.  I have 3 offices and about 20 sales people.  While in COVID jail, I did a prospect mailing to anyone in my county that owned a home or vacant land here but lived in another state.  It went pretty well as I got about 15 responses and sold some properties.  A couple days ago I get a call from a guy that says he has a house here with a barn full of cars.  I said "no problem, I'll go check it out and get back to ya".  So I go out with an address and get to the area but can't seem to find it.  I pull up satellite and figure out where it is.  No driveway or mailbox.  So I stop at a neighbor that was outside, ends up I know the wife from a local restaurant I go to.  She was the bar tender . . The husband says "yeah there is a house back in there, been vacant for awhile, some cars sitting outside as well"!  He takes me back there and the house is a train wreck . . Not even sure it is able to be fixed in the condition it is in.  But  . . . Outside in the yard is a corvette stingray, a fiero, a 80's dodge charger and a couple trailers a pile of tires and who knows what else.  But the barn is still locked up and don't know what is in it. 

The sister of the guy calls me today and says her brother is not well and she has to deal with all the properties and cars . . She lives in Minnesota and really has a mess on her hands, she says he has at least 50 cars and she is trying to deal with titles, keys and all the properties. (He has 4 total)  I'm pretty sure she is going to give me permission to open up what is left of the house and also the barn.  I am so curious what is in there with the type of cars sitting outside.  If there is something I would want, may trade for commission! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

That sounds awesome!
I almost went out to Michigan last weekend to look at a 69 Imperial.  Muir Michigan to be exact.
Fella has a barn or several barns full of cars.  Only one mopar.  The Imp. 

Please take pictures as you pull those doors open.  You know we all want to buy some of that stuff! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

blown motor

That's really cool. I would also be excited to see what's hiding inside.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

:popcorn: I think I'm more interested in this mystery than most of what's in TV right now. 

Spikedog08

I will probably get the locksmith out there next week . . Already have a lot going on this week.  I will take pictures.  I figure the barn could only hold about 12 cars at the most.  So we will see . . Hoping for something cool
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Shoooter

I love when a situation like this comes up. I'm sure there will be some surprises in there. Keep us posted

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 01, 2021, 08:28:23 PM
I will probably get the locksmith out there next week . . Already have a lot going on this week.  I will take pictures.  I figure the barn could only hold about 12 cars at the most.  So we will see . . Hoping for something cool

Sorry but I am at litter far away !

ZippyZoo

AMAZING! I'm excited for you!
Just when you think there aren't any more hidden stashes out there - one more pops up!  Can't wait to hear/see what you find!!! 

benguin

My first "new" car was a red and gold 1981 Dodge Charger 2.2 with a manual transmission.  It was a good car, but definitely not speedy. It was surprisingly reliable.   Now, if there happens to be a GLHS in that barn, that could be an interesting 80s car!

Looking forward to the next chapter on this!!

1972V21Cuda

js27

Can't wait to see what is inside :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Js27

anlauto

You have us all on the edge of our seats ! :wowzers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

docmel

If she doesnt have a will/test that she gets the cars, she is really screwed on that one.  I live in CO, and I thought if I owned anything I owned free and clear, it would automatically go to my wife...........  NOT!.     Co has a really weird rule.  If the state determines the cost of an item is over 75K, It WILL GO TO PROBATE COURT, unless there is properly documented will/test

Its not that she wouldnt get them if there is no will/test  (If she is the wife or identified survivor) but probate court can get expensive, time consuming and stressful

70vert

Exciting!!! Looking forward to what you find, even if junk (:

BIGSHCLUNK