Main Menu

Volvo is going to stop making gasoline engines cars

Started by Cuda Cody, July 05, 2017, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

The Chinese owned and Sweden-based company Volvo, said Wednesday the company will no longer design any new models with conventional internal combustion engines after 2019.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/05/volvo-gasoline-electric-vehicles/450861001/

Roadman

WHO Cares  ?????            Never liked their cars anyway.   :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

:haha:  Yup, the biggest surprise to me about that announcement was they were still making cars?   :dunno:

Quote from: Roadman on July 05, 2017, 03:40:35 PM
              WHO Cares  ?????            Never liked their cars anyway.   :alan2cents:

Cudakiller70

Doesn't seem to be a good move yet, wonder if Volvo will be for sale 2021.

anlauto

They will probably stop selling cars too as a direct result. :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ChallengerHK

1 Wild R/T

Sometimes the corporate world does really dumb stuff... And the idiots get bonuses....

20+ years ago a good friend worked for a company that made equipment, these machines sold for in excess of $250K per unit....And somehow the company lost money on every machine.... Their suggested solution??? We need to make less machines.....  ???? Not "we need to find a way to reduce costs? Not we need to raise prices" Nope!!! We need to build fewer machines...  Why not just close the doors?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

jimynick

The Chinese have lots of money, but I agree, it sounds a wee bit premature to me as well.  ::)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Tunis

Actually not all true. The CEO announced that old models will still be sold as is. So in essence they will still use the internal combustion engine...

soundcontrol

Isn't that a good thing, that the masses can use electric cars and there will be a longer and cheaper gas supply for us?
As far as Volvo goes, the main bad move was to sell the company to China.