Main Menu

What’s your most expensive mistake?

Started by Marty73, July 31, 2021, 01:44:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ns1aar

anlauto

Quote from: Ns1aar on August 03, 2021, 01:43:11 PM
sold my superbird

Yup, been there done that...sold mine for $40K CDN in 1999, right before the prices on them took off... :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

@Bullitt- 's post is so true!!

I know how Al Bundy feels ... said "I do", had kids ... then it was goodbye Challenger convertible and hello minivan  :bye: :crying:

At least Al got to keep the old Dodge ...

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Bills Auto Works

Quote from: Bullitt- on July 31, 2021, 02:05:40 PM
  :huh:  Probably set me back a couple of million  :-[

Heck...I have a "Sucker" tattoo on my forehead that is only visible to needy single women! I did it THREE TIMES! LMAO! :))

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

jcbruce

Oh man, I saw the title and immediately went the marriage angle as well.  You guys beat me to it.  So freakin true though! 

Chryco Psycho

NO contest
Other then being born which was a HUGE mistake !
Getting married , nothing like losing 99% of everything you have worked your whole life for ... Still far happier alone & broke  :bradsthumb:

BIGSHCLUNK

My BIGest $$$ disaster was dealing with a Florida contractor back in '07 / '08.   Was having a house built and the contractor went belly up. Me and a bunch of others had partially built homes. And some folks had ALL there cash tied up, lucky for me that was not the case.I ended up cutting the property loose, for pennies on the dollar a few years later. But sometime getting the thorn pulled out is worth more than the dollars... what a PITA

ek3

they say , your favorite sins do you in ! i did this ........ broke my neck  8 times c1- c8  . it paralyzed me from the shoulders down. been 18 months now. i am walking ! i could not tear a sheet of paper ...   fayettville speedway.......

Challenger in NC

Quote from: ek3 on August 06, 2021, 08:51:51 AM
they say , your favorite sins do you in ! i did this ........ broke my neck  8 times c1- c8  . it paralyzed me from the shoulders down. been 18 months now. i am walking ! i could not tear a sheet of paper ...

Wow, hard to top that one! It's a miracle you are walking again, good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Marty73

Wow....glad your walking and making progress!
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Brads70

Wow good grief! Glad your still with us!  How big is that speedway? Dirt track?

ek3

it was 4/10 mile dirt. they re-did it right after my wreck .. shorter and walls around it now.... rain washed out a rut and lucky me the right frame rail pole vaulted me .. 7-8 flips . i was pinned in it and on fire.  took 45 mins to get me out. bent the halo and the rear main hoop bent/compressed  8 inches ! did not break any welds ! rocket chassis...

Brads70

Quote from: ek3 on August 06, 2021, 02:09:42 PM
it was 4/10 mile dirt. they re-did it right after my wreck .. shorter and walls around it now.... rain washed out a rut and lucky me the right frame rail pole vaulted me .. 7-8 flips . i was pinned in it and on fire.  took 45 mins to get me out. bent the halo and the rear main hoop bent/compressed  8 inches ! did not break any welds ! rocket chassis...

Wow!  The right equipment sure pays off!

Rdchallenger

Quote from: ek3 on August 06, 2021, 08:51:51 AM
they say , your favorite sins do you in ! i did this ........ broke my neck  8 times c1- c8  . it paralyzed me from the shoulders down. been 18 months now. i am walking ! i could not tear a sheet of paper ...   fayettville speedway.......

Man! I'm glad you survived that one. That's gnarley for a Late Model

floorit426

This was kind of pricey for 19 year old me. :crying: