Main Menu

What’s your most expensive mistake?

Started by Marty73, July 31, 2021, 01:44:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: ek3 on August 06, 2021, 08:51:51 AM
they say , your favorite sins do you in ! i did this ........ broke my neck  8 times c1- c8  . it paralyzed me from the shoulders down. been 18 months now. i am walking ! i could not tear a sheet of paper ...   fayettville speedway.......

YIKES :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Top Banana

Back in the day, I took my car to the track. Made it to the semi final round and blew the engine. Loaded it on the open trailer took it home. Went back the next week and blew the other engine I had in the Quarter final round. Rebuilt the first engine. Took it to the track and lost second gear in the transmission on the first pass. Even with help from a "free" crew,  ran out of money, parked the car.

Marty73

I feel lucky after all these posts!

Sent from my iPlay_40 using Tapatalk

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Jsand73440

Had to replace front fender, and thought i could perfect the gap and curve myself with a little finessing. I'm now on the 3rd fender, and leaving it for the experts.

Rdchallenger

Trimming too much carpet around the center console... TWICE! :barf:

Aloha Randy

Bought my current Challenger from a museum, "perfect 10 out of 10 car". After initial purchase and $20,000 later, it's a pretty good car.....

Jocigar

Divorce set me back ten plus years and likely took ten off the back end  :)

Ending up in resto jail once I recovered enough to put my 30 year paused cuda project back in action comes in a close second.

So to quote my father and his resonating italian proverb:  'Donne e motori, sempre dolori'   ...women and cars, always heartache     roughly translated  :bricks:   

dodj

Quote from: Jocigar on June 06, 2022, 07:16:23 AM
So to quote my father and his resonating italian proverb:  'Donne e motori, sempre dolori'   ...women and cars, always heartache     roughly translated  :bricks:
I heard it in English as..."if it's got tits or tires...it's gonna cost you!"
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on June 11, 2022, 05:59:12 PM
Quote from: Jocigar on June 06, 2022, 07:16:23 AM
I heard it in English as..."if it's got tits or tires...it's gonna cost you!"

When I saw @dodj replied to this thread today...I thought it was going to say "hoisting up my RAM with wooden blocks"... :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

If it flies, floats or f*cks, rent don't buy............