Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Dmod1974 on December 10, 2023, 10:46:32 AMI'm just about done installing my OEM Hellcat fan now that it's winter upgrade season.  Adapting the fan to a stock style (4 core Frostbite in this case) radiator was relatively simple and it fits like it came that way.  I was even able to reuse my old overflow tank.  Interestingly enough, this fan is even thinner than the heavily trimmed down Lincoln MK8 fan I was running before.  I have tons of clearance between the engine and fan.

I spent most of yesterday underneath the dash installing the Arduino fan/body controller I built/coded and the wiring harness for it.

Next up are the under hood harness mods for the new fan as well as the 2nd FPDM that I am installing for when I need dual fuel pumps down the road.  I also have to modify my lower radiator hose routing for the new setup, but that's straightforward.

I'm not filling the cooling system back up just yet since I'm still debating on whether I want to do a Max Effort cam swap to get that idle chop that I miss and an ATI lower pulley this winter...  I also have a custom center console that I'm working on that I need to get done so we'll see what happens.

I'm always in awe seeing where you car is now from seeing the, ummm, oxidized condition it was in when you started...not all that long ago!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

A few years ago I bought a '70 grille from Runcharger and installed it on my '73. When you remove the centre support for a '73 fibreglass grill you end up removing the horns. So today I finally re-installed the horns. Now I can get the guys attention before I flip him the bird.
 :P
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

chargerdon

Wife bought me a set of UNI-Shine LED headlights for my Challenger.   Installed them on Wed and OMG the difference is unbelievable.   Not only are they way brighter and shine a much greater distance, but, in addition the width of the field of vision is at least double the old incandescents.

When i looked at the pictures on the advertisement screen i thought that they were probably way exaggerated.   But, then i installed the first pair and decided to turn them on before putting in the passenger side.   OMG the difference in my garage was unbelievable...   So i installed the other pair.   

Installation was very easy as they fit without any problems into the holding bucket without any mods.  The "tab" didn't quite lock in as its shaped a little different, but, the holding ring held them tight anyways.   Their socket fit perfectly on the outside (low beam) bulb, but, they give you four bulbs in the kit that fit the 3 prong low beam socket.   On my 74 challenger the high beam inside bulb is a two prong socket...  so with the kit is another socket that fits their 3 prong socket and then has the three leads that you simply ignore the low beam wire and plug the other two into the cars 2 lead socket.   Problem solved.   Another issue is that the M4 model has Daytime Running Light strip across the middle of the bulb....and of course a 74 Challenger isnt designed to turn on DRL.   The DRL strip is turned on by an extra wire...  I tested and it works...so in near future i will hook up a switch to  turn then on or off.   If you don't want DRL simply ignore or buy a different model without them.

So far i have only driven at night a couple of times to check them out, and while they are so much brighter, i haven't had any oncoming drivers flash their lights at me !!   

I highly recommend...  see Amazon.com Uni-Shine 5 3/4   Note:  Amazon carries two different ones and it is difficult to tell the difference other than One runs $129 which i got and the other runs $164.   But then i noticed the ones for $129 when off have a black look to them, while the more expensive look white.   In both cases right now Amazon is giving a $20 off coupon.

I love them !!   

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: chargerdon on December 29, 2023, 07:07:35 AM...I highly recommend...  see Amazon.com Uni-Shine 5 3/4   Note:  Amazon carries two different ones and it is difficult to tell the difference other than One runs $129 which i got and the other runs $164.   But then i noticed the ones for $129 when off have a black look to them, while the more expensive look white.   In both cases right now Amazon is giving a $20 off coupon.

I love them !!   
Found the UNI-Shine LED headlights on Amazon in the Uni-Shine Store.

dodj

Started adjusting my hood hinges for a bit more room for the wiper blades. I had forgotten what a joy playing with the hood hinges is.

RJChallenger

What did I do today, Today I checked out Roseville Moparts Web site looking to see if any of the "out of stock " signs have dis- appeared for 70 hood trim. As for this year! Just finished installing the last of the new wiring under the hood.  A new positive battery cable and fusible link , I now have for the first time in almost 40 years fully operational parking lights, headlights both low and high beams. emergency lights and signal lights. I have one horn working, and interior lights work off the doors or dimmer switch. Managed to get passenger side 1/4 window and door glass installed and operational and I completed the new trunk floor and frame rail installed . The gas tank is back in with filler neck and new pick up assembly. Made custom dual exhaust with x pipe to the rear axel. Checked that the headliner bought back in around 04 hasn't been chewed by mice and started cleaning the shop. Looking forward to this year as it hopefully will be reskinning the drivers door, the last of the major work needed to get the car road worthy. Hopefully this will be the year she moves under her own power a .030 over 440 4 spd. Happy New Year to All

1970 cuda Joe

Day by day research & studying. Constant hunt for missing parts. I like this part :) Sure am glad I'm retired. Work would certainly get in the way of all my fun :)
....Joe 
1970 cuda 440-6, 4 speed NOM. Moulin Rouge

Andrewg

First cruise of the year in my Challenger.

YellowThumper

Planning for the next phase of build.
Strongly considering using the inboard headlight sockets for turbo inlet fresh air feeds.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

chargerdon

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on December 30, 2023, 07:49:30 PM
Quote from: chargerdon on December 29, 2023, 07:07:35 AM...I highly recommend...  see Amazon.com Uni-Shine 5 3/4  Note:  Amazon carries two different ones and it is difficult to tell the difference other than One runs $129 which i got and the other runs $164.  But then i noticed the ones for $129 when off have a black look to them, while the more expensive look white.  In both cases right now Amazon is giving a $20 off coupon.

I love them !! 
Found the UNI-Shine LED headlights on Amazon in the Uni-Shine Store.

Please dont laugh too hard at all the clutter in my garage !!

blown motor

Quote from: blown motor on December 15, 2023, 12:03:21 PM48* and sunny is rare for Ontario in mid December so I took the Power Wagon out. I wanted to check the accuracy of my speedometer pinion gear change. Well much to my chagrin I'd gone the wrong way and made it worse! It had a 29 tooth and I'd changed it to a 31 tooth. But I happened to have a 26 tooth here so I put that in quick and went for another test drive. Now, when the speedometer says 60 I'm actually doing 58. I guess that'll be close enough, or at least until my ocd gets the better of me and I buy a 27 tooth to see how close that is,lol. After changing the gear in my Charger the other day I'm sure it'll be wrong too. But I think the 31 that I just took out of the PW will be right for it so at least I won't have to buy another one.
That's it for today. Now I'm going to go and try to wrap my head around how I miscalculated this. A gear turning a bigger gear should have the bigger gear shaft going slower shouldn't it? I'm so confused.  :Thud:

Well my ocd did get the better of me and I bought a 27 tooth gear. I put it today and took the truck for a quick test run. The speedometer is right on! Finally!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mr Cuda

Quote from: chargerdon on December 29, 2023, 07:07:35 AMI highly recommend...  see Amazon.com Uni-Shine 5 3/4   Note:  Amazon carries two different ones and it is difficult to tell the difference other than One runs $129 which i got and the other runs $164.   But then i noticed the ones for $129 when off have a black look to them, while the more expensive look white.   In both cases right now Amazon is giving a $20 off coupon.

I love them !!   

Thanks for helping me spend some money.
 This is a relatively low cost expenditure,  especially for the benefits.
 Amazon just left my black faced, with the odd band in the middle lights.
 On a restored class car, I'll stick to my wide prism factory bulbs, and 3" aircraft landing lights in the road lamps

These are going in a heavily modified black 71 barra, so they go with the theme.
 If not for you,  I'd be years before finding and buying.

usraptor

I've got two projects going at once.  I'm in the process of installing a Borgeson full power steering conversion.  Even though my 'Cuda is numbers matching, I got tired of fightting the manual steering the older I get (76 years) and I don't think amybody who buys the car after I'm gone is going to object to a power steering modification and if they do, I'm keeping all the original parts.  However, I'm at a standstill while I wait for the Big Block PS Pump brackets to arrive.
So in the meantime I'm replacing my original, to the car by the previous owner, 1970's "Day Two" traction (slapper) bars that I restored and put back on the car when I finished restoring it for that nostalgic look.  While my numbers 440 engine is on a engine stand in the shop, the built 440 I'm currently running in the 'Cuda is pushing 600+ HP and I wanted something that could handle that power better than 70's technology, so I'm installing the CalVert CaLTracs adjustable traction bars.  I forgot what a hazel it is to removed the old springs, especially with torque boxes but I finally managed to get the passenger side spring off.  I'm also glad I have my own press as there is no way I'd get that relatively new front spring bushing out of the sping without it and replace  with the CalVert metal bushing.

YellowThumper

Wire guy is now working on cutting the rallye style openings.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

usraptor

I finished the installation of the Borgeson Power Steering conversion kit that I purchased from Peter Bergman at Bergman Auto Craft.  If anybody is considering this conversion I highly recommend the Borgeson kit and pruchasing it from Bergman Auto Craft. Peter was a pleasure to deal with and I got almost immediate responses to any email questions I sent him, even on weekends and holidays.
I can't believe the difference in the PS vs manual.  While I haven't driven the 'Cuda yet as there is snow on the ground on both on the driveway and streets, and I don't drive the 'Cuda in snow or rain; with the car sitting on the ground I can turn the steering wheel lock to lock with just a finger.  I can't wait for spring so I get it out and acutally drive it.

I tried to post last week that I had also finished the installation of the CalVert Cal Tracs traction bars.  However, when I tried to add pics to the post I just got the cicle of death when I tried to post.  So I just gave up and forgot to post that I got them installed.

Curently I draining the 4-speed trans, so I can remove the shifter side cover plate and replace the "O" rings for the shifter shafts as they are currently leaking pretty bad.