Main Menu

Holley G3 Hemi Swap oil pan kit

Started by RacerX, September 10, 2020, 09:28:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Holley has a oil pan kit for the B/E body G3 hemi swaps...

Looks a lot nicer than the Milodon piece, and by the time you add in the pickup, bolts, etc it is about the same price point.

https://www.holley.com/products/engine_swap_parts/hemi_swap_systems/1966-74_mopar_b-body_gen_iii_hemi_swap_components/oil_pans/parts/302-60

I will probably go with this one instead of the Milodon for my project.

Katfish

Thx for info and please update how it turns out.

Cuda70-74

Cool and thanks for the update. As the gen 3 hemi swap gets more common hopefully things will get cheaper.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

Looks like a nice piece , good to have more options !

Swamp Donkey

Darn.  Makes me want to get rid of my milodon and get one of those. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

CudaA39

I've never really been impressed with anything from Milodon, so I bought a Stefs pan last year.  Way nicer product than I'm used to, but was pricy.  I would have likely gone this route had it came out earlier.  Glad such a large company is coming out with more G3 products.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

GoodysGotaCuda

I love the o-ring seal they are offering. Milodon comes with cork gaskets, which can be replaced with with an OEM gasket.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Filthy Filbert

What changed on the VVT engines that this won't fit?   the ad says "non VVT engines" and specifies certain years for certain displacements.    I want to go with a 392... am I limited to 07-10 model years only?

anlauto

The only difference is the mounting of the oil pick up tube
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

Thanks.    Will that pick-up tube work with the VVT engines then? does it need a tweak or bends anywhere, or does it just bolt right in?

anlauto

Here's the difference in the tube, I just heated it up and adjusted the clocking of it...The next car I bought the right pan kit...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Katfish

@anlauto

So you used this Holley pan?
Any pics of clearance, does it hang down lower than old stock pans?

Thx

anlauto

I can't find any pictures and the car is not here, but it for sure does not hang down lower then the headers or bell housing... :alan2cents:

Katfish

Thx for the reply, looks like I'll be buying the Holley oil pan.

71340RT

What dipstick and tube can be used with the Holley oil pan set up? My 6.4 dipstick on my crate motor will not fit down in the hole on the block.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto