Main Menu

Custom Trunk Interior Installation

Started by Mickm, July 18, 2017, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

ledphoot

That came out REALLY nice, I love it! I may steel your idea and use kydex to do something similar, I never considered it until looking at how your trunk came out. Thanks for putting in the hard work and the great idea!

Convertcuda

Do you have any plans of reproducing this product? Great idea. Professional. I'm interested in you do.

Ken

Quote from: Mickm link=topic=2828.msg129868#

msg129868 date=1544227924

Hello and Happy Holidays to all.....

For anyone who followed along on the TINFISH'S custom trunk install, I have started phase II. The first effort was ok, but just didn't seem to match the design of the car as it would or could have come from the factory, soooooo....

Since all the original interior is ABS plastic, it only makes sense to see if it is possible to use this medium here.

Today, I stared with the rear panel. Since it was the most complex I thought I would tackle it first. If I couldn't get past this part, the project may be doomed to failure.

The one thing that the Cuda has that is a thorn in my side the the trunk linkage on the passenger side of the latch tower. This dicates the initial sharp. This time, I opted to have a most simple bend at the top and have a separate cover plate for the latch.

This is the back panel in place. I was really surprised as to how simple this was to make.

The passenger side panel was next. I actually used the first part as a jig to bend this panel. It fits pretty good. The overlapping edge you see at the rear will be flush with the center section once I get everything where I want it and move to mounting.

You can see the first floor in place. There will be a bit more room with this approach.

I am hoping to have all panels mount flush without any fasteners visible; but the jury is still out on if I can pull that off.

That's all for today. Time for a nice Captain and Coke and ponder tomorrows work.

Cheers!
Mickm

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Convertcuda on March 07, 2019, 04:44:16 AM
Do you have any plans of reproducing this product? Great idea. Professional. I'm interested in you do.

Ken

:iagree: There may be more interest as a product as it really cleans up and modernizes the whole trunk area.

ledphoot

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on March 07, 2019, 12:59:01 PM
Quote from: Convertcuda on March 07, 2019, 04:44:16 AM

Ken

:iagree: There may be more interest as a product as it really cleans up and modernizes the whole trunk area.

:iagree:

I would definitely be in for a set if you make these. PayPal is just a click away ;)

Mickm

Thanks for the kind wordsguys, I'm very excited you like the results.
I am interested in offering the trunk package for sale thru NuPar Products.  However, due to my  current marital issues, it will be a while before this can happen.
I will post an update as soon as  I can get these ready.
Cheers!
Mickm
NuPar Products

ledphoot

I hope the issues subside and you can be at peace... And bring us cool new stuff :)

Have you considered Kydex-T Thermoplastic? It comes as thick as 1/8" and resists chemicals etc.. How thick is the ABS you used?

If you'd like some Kydex to experiment with I'd be happy to send you some.

Take care...

~Alan

Mickm

ledphoot, Thank you so much for the kind wishes. Hopefully, life will get back to some normality soon.

As for my product, my original is  made of .25" ABS plastic. This thickness seems to be perfect as it does not oil can or flex but holds it shape well.

Thanks for the offer to send me some material but right now I don't have a shop to work in. I'll let you know when I get my feet back on the ground.

I will need to finish the vacuum machine I started building so I can produce the latch cover then make a couple of gigs for the pieces.

It will be offered as mine with the exception of the forward surface will be just a plain piece of plastic. This will leave all personal customizing to the owner.

The decklid piece will be offered also but available with or without the 'Cuda recessed emblem.

Hopefully, this can happen sooner than later.

Thanks again,

Mickm
NuPar Products

303 Mopar

Quote from: Mickm on March 09, 2019, 05:27:10 PM
ledphoot, Thank you so much for the kind wishes. Hopefully, life will get back to some normality soon.

As for my product, my original is  made of .25" ABS plastic. This thickness seems to be perfect as it does not oil can or flex but holds it shape well.

Thanks for the offer to send me some material but right now I don't have a shop to work in. I'll let you know when I get my feet back on the ground.

I will need to finish the vacuum machine I started building so I can produce the latch cover then make a couple of gigs for the pieces.

It will be offered as mine with the exception of the forward surface will be just a plain piece of plastic. This will leave all personal customizing to the owner.

The decklid piece will be offered also but available with or without the 'Cuda recessed emblem.

Hopefully, this can happen sooner than later.

Thanks again,

Mickm
NuPar Products

Maybe we should have you up here since we technically have 2 shops now that you could work out of for a week or 2/3/4. You would have a couple e-bodies to work on and it could help clear your head too, it's helped others!

Mickm

Awesome idea Dan......That could be cool. In more ways than one!

Cheers!
Mickm

cudabud

Let me know when your ready. I am interested as you did an awesome job on the cuda trunk.