Main Menu

body plugs

Started by Ric, March 21, 2018, 06:24:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ric

on my 71 cuda , its auto and not manual washer , which are the correct plugs and which way do they go on , inside out, outside in...thanks again

anlauto

Are you just wanting to plug the hole on the right side of the master cylinder that would be used for the manual washer hoses?

I doubt your body plug kit included the proper size plug for this hole, if it did, it installs from the engine side of the firewall. It's a depressed center plastic plug. Typically most plug kits don't have the correct one and it has to be purchased separately.

Now with that being said, it's possible the the newer more expensive kits, like DMT's, might include the proper size plug.....I'm not certain.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

The 1 & 3/8" plug for the manual washer bottle is not included in the kits that we put together.  As Alan stated, I do not know of anyone putting that plug in the kits.  It is not a common size and is not readily available.  The grommet for the manual washer bottle is available, but the recessed plug takes some digging for one with the correct markings.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

RUNCHARGER

That's what I thought: I had to really dig to find two used ones for my last two cars.
Sheldon

Ric

yes that would be the one to the right of the master, also the one for the rod for the standard trans. thanks , anyone know who is selling these,

nsmall

Try Dave @MoparDave at Roseville Moparts, a sponsor at this site.

Ric

Got both plugs coming, thanks again.. I will have many more questions, thanks again ALLAN for telling me about this site. :bigthumb: