Main Menu

convertible REAR TRIM panels

Started by MoparDave, January 07, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I think if they were available any convertible owner would be a fool not to buy a set whether they needed them or not. Most do need them.
Sheldon

750-h2

I wouldn't get my hopes up on colored convertible panels, heck they are not even available for hardtops.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 750-h2 on January 08, 2018, 08:56:10 AM
I wouldn't get my hopes up on colored convertible panels, heck they are not even available for hardtops.

What color are you looking for? Cuda or Challenger?

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

I'd like to see a set of green Challenger hardtop panels, and blue Challenger convertible panels.....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 08:18:42 AM
Hey Mike! If it wasn't for guys like you investing in the biz lots of us would be hurting for parts so thanks again!

Same for Dave, if you can make this happen it will be a huge benefit for us needing these panels so I'm rooting for you, and yeah I'd prepay to hold a set or two!

Thanks for that Erik.  I'm a customer myself, many of the Cuda/Challenger parts I made with all the original markings was for selfish reasons, I needed them.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on January 08, 2018, 09:24:15 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

I'd like to see a set of green Challenger hardtop panels, and blue Challenger convertible panels.....

I can tell you with all certainty, green will never get done, blue is a different story.  I couldn't give away the green seat backs I made, I still have 71-72's left.

750-h2

I needed and waited for years for a set of green Metro panels and seat backs for a 1970 Challenger but finally gave up. I recently bought a complete black set from Dave and now have to dye them green. :crying:   Wish green ones had been available.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 750-h2 on January 08, 2018, 09:46:13 AM
I needed and waited for years for a set of green Metro panels and seat backs for a 1970 Challenger but finally gave up. I recently bought a complete black set from Dave and now have to dye them green. :crying:   Wish green ones had been available.

I hear you.  It took me 4 years to sell the x5 sets of green 70 seat backs we made.

Xghobo

GCragtop

MoparDave

Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 07:55:34 AM
You misunderstood what I was saying, I meant I'm not fronting the tooling costs to get the part made, this topic has come up more than a few times over the past years...

yes I did. sorry for that. Emails/text are one dimensional and easily taken out of context. 
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

MoparDave

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 08:09:21 AM
Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 07:55:34 AM
You misunderstood what I was saying, I meant I'm not fronting the tooling costs to get the part made, this topic has come up more than a few times over the past years...

I'm very sure Dave is not covering all the expense for these.  :)  Until updated tooling cost and per piece pricing is in and evaluated, it's pure speculation at this point weather the parts will be made.  I'm very confident pricing will be near the same as the last time they were quoted.  The deal is, minimum order at that time was x200 sets, if that number is still good, I'm in on the run.  If the black/white Cuda panels sell as well as I think they will, Challenger is next. 

Not really sure how to handle the colors, the production numbers are so low compared to black/white.  I can see taking names and color count to evaluate quantities.  If, and I say "if", we had a "good" list of color quantities before the first run, colors could be done at the same time.  Our problem is, the minimum order quantity for colors is x50 sets.  So much as I hate to say this since I've never done it, require a deposit for other colors before the first run is made so they can be run at the same time.  Additionally, the only other colors that would be considered would be blue and red.

:iagree:

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

GY3R/T

I see a potential problem with color matching Metro's reproduction door panels with the new repro rear convertable panels. (if they come to fruition). Im sure a lot of guys are expecting a perfect color match.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: GY3R/T on January 08, 2018, 05:24:21 PM
    I see a potential problem with color matching Metro's reproduction door panels with the new repro rear convertable panels. (if they come to fruition). Im sure a lot of guys are expecting a perfect color match.

That's not a problem, they will.  Besides, the same company is producing them.

cataclysm80

Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 08:18:42 AM
Hey Mike! If it wasn't for guys like you investing in the biz lots of us would be hurting for parts so thanks again!
Same for Dave, if you can make this happen it will be a huge benefit for us needing these panels so I'm rooting for you!

:iagree:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
Thanks for that Erik.  I'm a customer myself, many of the Cuda/Challenger parts I made with all the original markings was for selfish reasons, I needed them.

Glad to see you're still making stuff Mike!
We sure could use more people as selfish as you!  :)
If you need the parts, there's probably a lot of other people who also need them.

Tav