Main Menu

Cuda A/C Vents with vintage Air

Started by CudaHead, March 11, 2020, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaHead

I'm updating my 1970 cuda. I have been hesitating to change things because it only has 36K miles on it. I'm getting past that.
I want to add A/C to it but use factory A/C vents. That means a new pad. I have the vents.
The one thing I have been having headaches over it getting the Vents to attach to the 2 1/2" ducts.
I spent a lot of time on this and then I got a tip from the counter guy at YearOne.
He said that even if it's not in the Catalog or on their Website, they have adapters for this.
I called Vintage Air and talked to them. Guess what, they do have adapters for this.
I ordered a set and will be looking forward to getting them.

Part number 492074-PME  Center Louver                $9.95
                   492077-PME  Passenger Side Louver   $9.95
                   492078-PME  Driver Side Louver         $9.95
                   65980-VUE    "S" Clips                       $  .25 Each

I'm loving it.   

CudaHead

soundcontrol

Hmm, I bought a vintage air complete kit for my Challenger with factory air. Was gonna use my factory vents. I don't remember those parts in the kit... gotta look again, it was years ago. Kits is still in boxes.

Katfish

This wouldn't be needed on a factory AC car.
For a non-AC car they must use generic round hoses and these are needed to go from that to the factory vents.

JpRngr

Quote from: Katfish on March 16, 2020, 07:38:54 PM
This wouldn't be needed on a factory AC car.
For a non-AC car they must use generic round hoses and these are needed to go from that to the factory vents.

If you're using VintageAir on a factory A/C dash, you DO need those adapters to work with the VA duct tubing and they DID come with the VA kit I got.