Main Menu

Dash Paint Code

Started by 340Challman, December 10, 2022, 07:53:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Hey All, What is the paint code for the black that goes on the dash metal frame and steering column? I did a search and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean much. I'm pretty horrible at finding things with search. Thanks.
Kevin

Jocigar

Cody made a good instructional video on this, haven't watched in a while but i'm sure he mentions the code.   alternative is SEM trim black cans if I recall correctly... I am not at that stage yet so not speaking from experience.

headejm

Here you go! Takes quite a bit of practice to get the texture just right. And Cody's video is excellent.

:cheers:

340Challman

Thanks headejm, I can see some experimentation for sure before going for the dash and column. Sure is nice to be in the stage of completing certain assemblies and seeing some forward progress. :drinkingbud:
Kevin

B5fourspeed

I use sems trim black for a 70.Looks great.The best part it is super easy to do a touch up if something gets scratched.

hemi135

Quote from: B5fourspeed on December 10, 2022, 02:29:51 PM
I use sems trim black for a 70.Looks great.The best part it is super easy to do a touch up if something gets scratched.

Is this the Sems trim black(39143) that you used? There are a few others but this one is a single stage trim black and no need for a primer. There a Sems trim black "ultra" but that's an enamel mixture and a little more expensive. I'm just freshening up an already good base and not starting from scratch. Let me know. Thank you

B5fourspeed

Yes that is what I use.The paint lays out real nice.

hemi135

hemi135

Sorry to revisit this again but what are you all using on the textured plastics for a 70 E body.  The heater control panel and on the right side (Radio) of the steering column?

B5fourspeed