Main Menu

Door Lock Lever Installation

Started by 71383bee, March 10, 2021, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71383bee

I am wondering if there is a trick that I am missing.  I was trying to install new lock levels on the interior door locks on my 70 convert and I cant seem to get the levers to stay on tight.  They appear to be a squeeze on fitting that slides over a flattened end of the rod that protrudes into the armrest area but after tightening they simply slip right off.  its a bit perplexing and I though I would ask. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

Are you using the proper bolt ? They have a shoulder on them that tightens against the rod. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71383bee

I have replacement ones and the bolt is tapered.  I have to look at my original and see if the bolt is different.  Maybe that its the issue. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

B5fourspeed

The door  locks that I got where too tight and I had to slightly drill them out a little because the chrome was too thick.If they are too loose I would cover with tape and rag put them in a vise and close the opening little by little.

1972V21Cuda

I had re-pops...but, they stunk and didn't fit well. I had my originals re-chromed.