Main Menu

Automatic column to floor conversion

Started by hemicap, May 22, 2019, 04:50:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

hemicap

not sure I want to sell but i will take pictures tomorrow for you

anlauto

Thanks, I have bits and pieces but not sure what's correct. Is your car a big block or small block ? 727 or 904 ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hemicap

hemicap

drove it today for the first time after installing power steering and moving the shift to the floor. one problem with the 727 someone may be able to help me out with, it won't shift into high unless you put it in neutral at speed then drop it back to drive.

hemicap

First picture of column shift mechanism to the left is the rod that connects to the column, to the right the adjustable one that hooks to the tranny, bracket on left goes to the frame rail and the second picture shows the other bracket on the tranny. 2nd picture is looking straight up from the floor, a little hard to see the hole end of rod goes into.

anlauto

That's a great picture, thank you....it's simpler than I imagined  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: hemicap on May 28, 2019, 07:56:43 PM
drove it today for the first time after installing power steering and moving the shift to the floor. one problem with the 727 someone may be able to help me out with, it won't shift into high unless you put it in neutral at speed then drop it back to drive.
Assuming the linkage is adjusted correctly so it will go into park & 1st properly I would suspect there is a problem in the valve body with a valve sticking .
Welcome to the site as well  :wave:

hemicap

May have just been me or from setting around but it's working good now.