Main Menu

Help Installing Door Window Glass Down Stopper Bumpers

Started by Floyd, May 11, 2020, 01:58:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

Quote from: headejm on May 11, 2020, 06:11:54 PM
I have a list of 20 or 30 things that were a PITA during my restoration. Especially on a 1970 E-body, some things were just not designed for manufacturability. They changed a lot parts after the 1970 model year.

Funny story about my window downstop: The tab that goes through the bottom of the door broke off so I glued it in place. Guess what...very difficult to fully assemble the glass and make the adjustments with the downstop installed.  :headbang:
:haha:Now thats something I would do

Mr Lee

Quote from: anlauto on May 11, 2020, 07:25:27 PM
I just thought of this idea...how about pass a piece of mechanics wire up from the bottom of the door, through the slot in the rubber then back out the bottom....lots of lube and pull your wire ....maybe it will work ? :dunno:

You should leave it out until you at least have your window felts (cat whiskers) mounted to the doors :alan2cents:
This idea worked very well.  [emoji106] 

Pulled it down with my hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Lee on June 20, 2020, 01:25:41 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 11, 2020, 07:25:27 PM
I just thought of this idea...how about pass a piece of mechanics wire up from the bottom of the door, through the slot in the rubber then back out the bottom....lots of lube and pull your wire ....maybe it will work ? :dunno:

You should leave it out until you at least have your window felts (cat whiskers) mounted to the doors :alan2cents:
This idea worked very well.  [emoji106] 

Pulled it down with my hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEY...that's great....certainly going to try that next time....I can "pull a wire" like nobody else !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopar5

Very clever idea like putting in the old window gaskets using rope. I just finished putting in my stops 10 minutes ago worked them in with a flathead srewdriver. I would have tried that if I saw it beforehand