Main Menu

Painting Interior Panels with SEM Landau

Started by nsmall, May 14, 2017, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Herb's blue is nice but it doesn't match the Metro Panels....I would have to paint the brand new door panels to match the old rears.....I was hoping there would be blue paint to match the Metro panels. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

One suggestion would be to find a shop like these guys in your area, they can do a scan of the panel you want to match and mix up a batch of dye for you-

http://www.vinylpro.com/

ec_co

I was kinda wondering about this. I have a full set of metro blue panels and recently used Herb's on a lot of other pieces. Herbs matches the original pieces almost exactly based on some areas that didn't get sun faded ..... but the Metro panels don't have the same sheen/tone .... so should I use Herb's on the new Metro panels too, or should they stay a little different as an offset??
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

nsmall

Panels came out decent.  I really liked the sem soap.  Clean and clean and clean until your rag is no longer dirty.

Cuda Cody

I've thought about doing that too.  The Metro panels have a slight matte finish / sheen to them compared to what I think they should be.

Quote from: ec_co on May 22, 2017, 02:33:45 PM
I was kinda wondering about this. I have a full set of metro blue panels and recently used Herb's on a lot of other pieces. Herbs matches the original pieces almost exactly based on some areas that didn't get sun faded ..... but the Metro panels don't have the same sheen/tone .... so should I use Herb's on the new Metro panels too, or should they stay a little different as an offset??

Mrbill426

kawahonda

Ressurecting this thread rather than creating a new one.

I'ma bout to order two door panels for my challenger. They need to be burnt orange.

Has anyone used Herb's system before? It seems to be the only way to get burnt orange on a door panel?

https://www.herbsparts.com/products.php?cat=829

I take it that for the OE look, it does not need to be cleared?
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Burdar

I used Herb's Pearl White.  It turned out nice.  I changed some black seat hinge covers to white.  The Pearl White just changed the black to a silver color.  I had to spray them with SEM white first to change the color...then but the pearl on top.  If you are spraying black door panels, test a small section first and see how the coverage is.  You might have to put a base coat of somethings else down first.  It just depends on how well Herb's burnt orange covers. 

Once the burnt orange is dry, you can determine if you want to spray a clear or not.  SEM has a matte clear and a gloss.

Burdar

QuoteI've thought about doing that too.  The Metro panels have a slight matte finish / sheen to them compared to what I think they should be.

Old thread I know but what I would do is just mist a clear over them.  That should "up" the shine a little but not change the color.

ec_co

do the test spray on the backside where no one will see it if it doesn't turn out right.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

nsmall

I have only heard positive comments regarding herbs paint.

Shoooter

Herbs is great stuff. I really liked it. I used the red and you either have to put a light primer colour under or more coats to achieve the brighter colours. I did a few pieces that were darker before and had to do that. Great product wish I could get it in Canada