Main Menu

Question about ACC carpet

Started by ksierens, February 11, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ksierens

I just picked up my new ACC carpet for my 70 Challenger.  It seems to fit very well so far, but I notice areas along the tunnel that look shinier and matted more, I am guessing because of the heated molding process.  Is this normal?  Is there anything I should do to bring it back?
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

JH27N0B

My mass backed burnt orange ACC carpet I installed a few years back was uniform appearance from front to back, so that doesn't sound right to me?

ksierens

Yeah, it does not look quite right to me either. Here is a picture. And yes, mine is mass backed also.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: ksierens on February 11, 2018, 06:06:39 PM
Yeah, it does not look quite right to me either. Here is a picture. And yes, mine is mass backed also.

Looks like a defect to me.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

That doesn't look right to me either.   :huh:   But now that I look at some past photos it might be just the heating process like you said.   :dunno:

ksierens

Cody, it looks like on your picture it is under the seat, but on mine, it is quite noticeable since it is on the rear tunnel.  I will contact Dave and see what he says.

Jay Bee

I downloaded your picture and the enlarged version really shows how bad that looks. I've done a few jute backed ACC carpets over the years (as many have, no doubt) and none of them had that "shinier more matted" look.

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

ksierens

Just my luck I guess, the one vinyl top I got was also over heated!  Geez, doesn't anyone have quality control anymore???  :dunno:

ksierens

Replacement ordered.  Dave steps up as usual!  :woohoo:

dodj

Quote from: ksierens on February 12, 2018, 08:19:23 AM
Replacement ordered.  Dave steps up as usual!  :woohoo:
That's why you buy from Dave. Stands behind his stuff!  :clapping:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ksierens

Ok, going to start trimming the front of the carpet, any tips or hints based on what others have run into?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ksierens on February 26, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
Ok, going to start trimming the front of the carpet, any tips or hints based on what others have run into?

Very little trimming in the front. basically just get it to tuck in all the way across (heater box & throttle pedal) with it touching or slightly cut around the column...

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 26, 2018, 11:21:15 AM
Quote from: ksierens on February 26, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

Very little trimming in the front. basically just get it to tuck in all the way across (heater box & throttle pedal) with it touching or slightly cut around the column...

I just pushed mine all the way up to the column, and lined up the heel pad.  Also, be sure you have enough to tuck under the kick panels.