normal_post in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior Author Topic: Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door.  (Read 268 times)

Offline gaddied

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Leaning Tower of Power
  • index in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
  • Credits: 1130
    • Share Post
Was the water barriers paper or Mylar that goes between the door panel and door also the back seat panel to quarter panel ? I want to install the original type of material .

Linkback: https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/question-on-the-water-barrier-that-goes-between-door-panel-and-door/15420/

Online anlauto

• Trade Count: (9)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • index in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
  • Credits: 33100
  • Life is like a box of chocolates....
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
xx in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
Re: Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:05 PM »
It's a clear sheet plastic....like the 8mm vapour barrier in your home. I believe PCG sells pre-cur versions  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Offline jimynick

• Six Pack
  • Credits: 14270
  • If you've got to ask, you don't understand!
    • Share Post
xx in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 08:04:12 PM »
It's a clear sheet plastic....like the 8mm vapour barrier in your home. I believe PCG sells pre-cur versions  :thinking:
I think Alan means the 6 mil plastic sheeting used as vapour barrier in houses. 8mm might be a wee bit hard to tuck in, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 08:04:12 PM »

Offline cuda hunter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Six Pack
  • Credits: 9030
    • Share Post
    • Sims Custom Homes
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Online anlauto

• E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 04:41:33 AM »
I think Alan means the 6 mil plastic sheeting used as vapour barrier in houses. 8mm might be a wee bit hard to tuck in, eh?  :bigthumb:

Yea, I could be a little off...just going by memory which isn't always reliable  :haha: :haha:

Offline Racer57

• Big Block
  • Credits: 2820
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 05:55:18 AM »
Go to Ace, Home Depot, etc and you can buy the same stuff and enough of it to cover your entire car cheaper than buying a "kit".

Offline Claudia

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Big Block
  • Credits: 4470
    • Share Post
clip in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 06:11:59 AM »
 :iagree: Way cheaper to just cut your own!

clip in Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door. in Interior
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 06:11:59 AM »

Online anlauto

• E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »
Go to Ace, Home Depot, etc and you can buy the same stuff and enough of it to cover your entire car cheaper than buying a "kit".

Yup  :iagree:

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

xx
1970 Challenger door moisture barrier.

Started by 750-h2

6 Replies
Last post July 09, 2018, 07:01:43 PM
by anlauto
xx
SE door interior door panel reflector

Started by Challenger in NC

27 Replies
Last post June 19, 2017, 05:28:10 AM
by MoparDave