Main Menu

Question on the Water barrier that goes between door panel and door.

Started by gaddied, March 26, 2020, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

Was the water barriers paper or Mylar that goes between the door panel and door also the back seat panel to quarter panel ? I want to install the original type of material .

anlauto

It's a clear sheet plastic....like the 8mm vapour barrier in your home. I believe PCG sells pre-cur versions  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 12:09:05 PM
It's a clear sheet plastic....like the 8mm vapour barrier in your home. I believe PCG sells pre-cur versions  :thinking:
I think Alan means the 6 mil plastic sheeting used as vapour barrier in houses. 8mm might be a wee bit hard to tuck in, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on March 26, 2020, 08:04:12 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 12:09:05 PM
I think Alan means the 6 mil plastic sheeting used as vapour barrier in houses. 8mm might be a wee bit hard to tuck in, eh?  :bigthumb:

Yea, I could be a little off...just going by memory which isn't always reliable  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Racer57

Go to Ace, Home Depot, etc and you can buy the same stuff and enough of it to cover your entire car cheaper than buying a "kit".

Claudia

anlauto

Quote from: Racer57 on March 27, 2020, 05:55:18 AM
Go to Ace, Home Depot, etc and you can buy the same stuff and enough of it to cover your entire car cheaper than buying a "kit".

Yup  :iagree: