Main Menu

Stockish aftermarket seats.

Started by FSHTAIL, July 01, 2020, 01:40:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

Chris -- I agree... just about anything is better than our stock seats.

I'm surprised you had any problem with the Corbuea GTS II seats... they are very comfortable/supporting ... and I've seen them in some E-Bodies and other cars.

Also, consider slots for safety harness, especially the upper shoulder harness opening... if you don't have a harness yet, you eventually may want/need to have one.

76orangewagon

I used Cipher seats in my Duster build a few years ago and absolutely loved them. I removed those ugly damn shoulder bolsters because they took away from the "stockish" look I was going for besides they rubbed the upper door pane ...again it was an "A" body not an 'E". I did a lot of modifying to the factory floor pan to make the seats sit lower in the car.   

HP2

Nice Lightning Rod set up. Don't see those very often.

7212Mopar

These seats looks great and at $379 a pair no shipping charge, you cannot beat that. I got the Procar seats from CI and their Ebodies mounting brackets for a lot more. Although is comfortable it does not have the ribbed design like the Jeep seats. Good choice.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

76orangewagon

I had to look through my old Duster build on "For A bodies only" to remember what exactly I did to the seat frames. I made new mounting tabs and relocated the holes to put the seat where I wanted it, Like I said earlier.... I removed the  factory seat riser to get a flat mounting platform, these pics show the seats before those horrible shoulder bolsters were removed and they were recovered with a suede insert in the middle and I bought some extra material from Cipher to make the back and door panels match....

Daveh

:popcorn:  Can't wait to see if someone gets those seats.  They look nice and the price is right. 

70vert

Yep, I would love to improve on the OE seats also. Please keep us posted, and pictures if you don't mind.

FSHTAIL

I swear I posted the pictures and update info a few days after I got them, but I guess it didn't stick or something?

At the time I just sat the brackets together and set the bottom cushion on the floor, it's it's about a half inch lower to the floor than stock.

These are crazy comfortable, I feel like I could drive cross-country with these with no problems. 

When I pulled the old carpet out, I found three pencil diameter holes in the floorboards were the heels of your feet go for a 3 pedal setup.

So I will have to patch those up before I do any carpet fitting.
I bought new carpet because I couldn't put new seats in with old faded carpet. 

I always thought the floorboards were aftermarket, they are stock.

These little tiny rust holes rusted from the inside out, so no big deal.

When comparing the stock seat to the aftermarket seat, the aftermarket seat has no brackets underneath. 

I'll post some updates once I finally get around to the floor fix and carpet setup completed. 

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

70vert

thanks Chris!
Surprised that they look noticeably smaller, height & width. Looking forward to seeing them in the car.
BTW - are they leather?

FSHTAIL

Quote from: 70vert on October 27, 2020, 08:59:40 AM
thanks Chris!
Surprised that they look noticeably smaller, height & width. Looking forward to seeing them in the car.
BTW - are they leather?

Seats are damn near identical in demension +/- 0.50"
The new seats in that picture don't have any brackets on the bottom. 
Stock seats bottom padding is all beat down and mushroomed out. 

Purepony

Cool seat ! I actually like those !

FSHTAIL

Sorry for the lack of update, found 2 tiny pinholes where your heels go, had to fix those properly..

Happened from the inside...        zap zap, epoxy etcher, epoxy paint..      lack of time..         still haven't got the carpet or seats in yet.   

Hopefully this weekend.. 

anlauto

Got these new seats installed yet Chris ? @Chris Pauluk
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FSHTAIL

Not yet..

I'm redoing the sail panels and headliner while I'm in there, parcel shelf was butchered by a previous owner so I'm hoping to do something semi custom and clean.. 

I'm taking my time though....     60 hour weeks aren't helping..   
Now I'm dealing with sleep deprivation due to getting my son online for distanced learning for kindergarten. 
I'm 2nd shift..         get home at 3:30am, wake up at 7:25am, awake, asleep, awake, asleep throughout  the day when i start work at 3pm..   

It really blows..     :headbang:

Hopefully this only lasts till January     :notsure:

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2020, 02:37:13 PM
Got these new seats installed yet Chris ? @Chris Pauluk

FSHTAIL

I'll get the interior all buttoned up during the week hopefully. 

The but part of the seat sits a hair higher to the point of imagining what the stock seats would be if the padding wasn't compressed/beat.   

Excellent comfort. 
Has issues with a surgery taking longer than expected/infected
Back on track.