Main Menu

Vette seats

Started by Racer57, February 08, 2021, 06:54:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

This was posted on the ebody facebook page.  Fwiw, I have a 2015 Stingray and the seats are not as comfortable as they look. The side supports on the bottom are great if you have a skinny little ass. There is no give to them.

This is what the owner said....... "I paid $800 for the pair, but I'm in Sweden, there must be tons of Corvettes in the junkyards in the US. I think people avoid them because the 6-way electric seat is computer controlled and on Corvette sites they say its hard to wire, them, that they need the main computer to work. But that is not true, it's very easy. I just bought another pair for my 70 Challenger."

Cudajason

Quote from: Racer57 on February 08, 2021, 06:54:21 AM
This was posted on the ebody facebook page.  Fwiw, I have a 2015 Stingray and the seats are not as comfortable as they look. The side supports on the bottom are great if you have a skinny little ass. There is no give to them.

This is what the owner said....... "I paid $800 for the pair, but I'm in Sweden, there must be tons of Corvettes in the junkyards in the US. I think people avoid them because the 6-way electric seat is computer controlled and on Corvette sites they say its hard to wire, them, that they need the main computer to work. But that is not true, it's very easy. I just bought another pair for my 70 Challenger."

member @soundcontrol   I believe.

They look great in there.

I guess comfort is up to the individual.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Yep, mine!
I like them, way more comfortable than original,
but still, I am reupholstering the stock seats in the GC when I can afford it, the houndtooth looks great!

Racer57

Quote from: soundcontrol on February 08, 2021, 07:47:29 AM
Yep, mine!
but still, I am reupholstering the stock seats in the GC when I can afford it, the houndtooth looks great!
My '15 Stingray has hard bolsters. Does your Z06 seats have them ?

soundcontrol

Quote from: Racer57 on February 08, 2021, 10:27:19 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on February 08, 2021, 07:47:29 AM
Yep, mine!
My '15 Stingray has hard bolsters. Does your Z06 seats have them ?

No, they are pretty soft, they give after if you sit on them, little harder on the backrest than on the seat though.