Main Menu

Brake Pedal Switch Advice

Started by SFEBODY, April 03, 2023, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SFEBODY

Can anyone tell me how you installed the brake pedal switch on your conversion? I have a 2017 5.7 with 8 HP70 Auto.  I  imagine that possibly a bracket from a donar car? Pics or advice would be amazing.   Thank you

anlauto

I'm using a Wilwood adjustable distribution block off of the master cylinder....I just run the pink and white wire to the switch in the block  :dunno:

Guess that would be of no help if you have stock  brakes? How does your engine/transmission choice affect the factory brake pedal ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bobbydodge

Quote from: anlauto on April 03, 2023, 01:36:44 PM
I'm using a Wilwood adjustable distribution block off of the master cylinder....I just run the pink and white wire to the switch in the block  :dunno:

Guess that would be of no help if you have stock  brakes? How does your engine/transmission choice affect the factory brake pedal ?

I think he may need the brake switch to get his transmission shifter to unlock from park.
I'm in the same situation with my nag1 with the sound German harness.the shifter is unlocked from park when you press the brake pedal.

Dmod1974

What's special about the late model brake switch?  Is it just an On/Off ground signal?  Just use a relay triggered off of the factory switches 12v output to send a ground output then...

Bobbydodge

Quote from: Dmod1974 on April 11, 2023, 06:20:33 PM
What's special about the late model brake switch?  Is it just an On/Off ground signal?  Just use a relay triggered off of the factory switches 12v output to send a ground output then...
In my case the shifter just needs a signal from a switch (just like a brake light)to activate the shifter release.it's attached to the brake switch as a safety feature so your foot has to be on the brake before it can be removed from park on a nag 1 transmission.so the switch itself isn't special