Main Menu

Hellephant - Is it feasible?

Started by 303 Mopar, October 31, 2018, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I know a guy up here in Ontario that belongs to a local facebook Mopar car club that says he's ordering one for his 68 Charger. Should be a cool ride, it is a really nice car already.  :bigmoney:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudakiller70

MoparDave

Quote from: Brads70 on November 09, 2018, 03:01:42 AM
I know a guy up here in Ontario that belongs to a local facebook Mopar car club that says he's ordering one for his 68 Charger. Should be a cool ride, it is a really nice car already.  :bigmoney:

@Brads70 is that Don? with a 68 Charger with an Art Morrison frame build ? I spoke to him yesterday on the hellcat vs hellephant. I still believe this engine will be in the range of 26-28K and the electrical kit similar to the hellcat at 2300.00 The engine and kit are still not priced. But the good news is the part numbers are active to order. I have 4 engines and kits on order with NO ETA with 8 on the wait list. Kind want to see where the first order goes before I order more.  Hmm I say Hmm. the engine is still in "DB" durability testing at the tower and I hear that they still don't have a Builder to do the volume. What ever that maybe.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on January 22, 2019, 06:54:36 AM

@Brads70 is that Don? with a 68 Charger with an Art Morrison frame build ? I spoke to him yesterday on the hellcat vs hellephant. I still believe this engine will be in the range of 26-28K and the electrical kit similar to the hellcat at 2300.00 The engine and kit are still not priced. But the good news is the part numbers are active to order. I have 4 engines and kits on order with NO ETA with 8 on the wait list. Kind want to see where the first order goes before I order more.  Hmm I say Hmm. the engine is still in "DB" durability testing at the tower and I hear that they still don't have a Builder to do the volume. What ever that maybe.

No , it's Marc  with a silver 68 Charger, mostly stock chassis, front end is aftermarket k-frame. not sure about the rear.

303 Mopar

anlauto

Quote from: MoparDave on January 22, 2019, 06:54:36 AM

I talked with this guy Don, he wanted me to do some work on this Charger....I passed... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Racer57

I suspect the engine can be very streetable. With the computer system that it most likely has, it probably doesn't have that much power unless you "turn it on". Even the Corvettes "stock" engine with 465hp only runs on 4 cylinder around town and interstate.

303 Mopar

ragtopdodge

I think for $33k, I'd rather have a less HP (~750) Gen II all aluminum dual EFI Hemi  from FHO.

Can't deny which one is better looking and is more appropriate in a early musclecar:

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

This was announced on April 26 correct ?
Still not one out the door !  :huh:

gzig5

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 04, 2019, 07:22:27 PM
This was announced on April 26 correct ?
Still not one out the door !  :huh:

If it's anything like where I work, it was Marketing's mouth outrunning Engineering and Operation's capabilities and reality.

Chryco Psycho

Might as well get it right before releasing it

YellowThumper

While pushing the factory envelope boundaries farther than anyone has ever done before. Setbacks are expected. Getting past them will write its history. Not the delays.

This is unbelievable territory for an oem.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.