Main Menu

Where did you drill?

Started by 1973Barracuda, August 05, 2019, 04:13:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

If you had to drill a hole in your firewall for some type of controller, where did you do it? I need to run wires for my Holley EFI and for my a41. Lord knows I only want to do it once!

Thanks!

anlauto

Just be mindful of the location of your heater box :alan2cents: Maybe use the existing manual washer pump hose hole hidden behind the brake booster ?  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1973Barracuda

Will check that out. I was able to run the a41 harness thru the 4 speed hole, but am not real happy with it honestly.

Shane Kelley

If you want it out of sight the transmission tunnel is a good place. Right behind where it welds to firewall and above the bell housing. Wires stay hidden under carpet.

RUNCHARGER

If the wires are long enough I run them through one of the floor drains. That way you don't have to drill holes. That's what I did with my O2 sensors. There is also a plastic plug on the drivers side near the E-brake but it's a bit hard to access from inside.
Sheldon

1973Barracuda

I did think about the floor plug. May look at that again. Could run a grommet thru that sucker.

JpRngr

So, my Hotwire harness had me drill the hole right behind the passenger head. This area hides it pretty well. Like Alan mentioned though, you need to be mindful of your heater box before committing to it. I didn't yet have my Vintage air stuff and drilled my hole a bit close and had to modify a mounting bracket when I installed the VA heater box.