Main Menu

AAR Cuda Lost and found New member

Started by Mcdavid, February 27, 2020, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mcdavid

Hello Everyone

I'm looking for the owner of this 1970 AAR Tor-Red car bought at a police Auction October 26 2019
BS23J0B303477
I have the original block for the car. Would be nice nice to put them back to together.
Car is a 4 speed and with tan interior and black vinyl roof.
Currently has a white interior.
Was also sold at Barrett Jackson back in 2016 for $88000

JS29

:welcome: The car went from Barret-Jackson to a police action, do you know the rest of the story? Inquiring minds want to know, like mine.  :haha:

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Mcdavid   :welcome:  That's cool that you have the engine and trying to get it back with the car.

Mcdavid

A guy bought it from Barrett Jackson 2016, then he got caught in Ponzi scheme. (bankrupt solar-powered generator company as an $800 million Ponzi scheme)

I heard it was seized in Vancouver, Canada  2018.

Then it sold in October 2019 at apple auction in California for $82000 along with 149 other beautiful cars. Auction made 8.2 million.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/car-collection-seized-bankrupt-d-c-solar-auction

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/seized-car-collection-nets-8-2-million-at-u-s-marshals-auction

Thanks for looking

I talked to Apple auction a week prior to the auction and sent pictures of the block.
They said they would pass along my contact info to the new owner.

I've had this block advertised off and on for three years. From Craigslist, Kijiji, Hemmings, barn finds, abodies, ebodies
Lots of guys have reached out to me. Even one of the old owners of the car.
They thought the car was 1 0f 70 with 4 speed, tor-red, tan interior, black vinyl roof and probably still had its original paint.

Lately I heard it might have ended up in California

Mcdavid

CudaMoparRay

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Hope you find the owner!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mcdavid

dodgemania

redgum78

Good luck re-uniting the engine with the car.
I was in a similar situation recently with an Aussie Chrysler engine I owned. It was out of a Valiant Pacer which was Chrysler Australia's competition car at the time. I sat on that thing for a long while trying to track down the original car. The owner of the car reached out to me and we managed to reunite them after shipping the engine 750km.

Hopefully there will be a very happy AAR owner sometime soon you will be posting a similar story to mine!

Mcdavid

Chryco Psycho

Mcdavid

anlauto

So did the owner of the car not want the block ? I see it's on kiJiJi now ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mcdavid

Yes Sir. She's on Kijiji. Need money for toilet paper!

I hope everyone is doing fine!