Main Menu

Hello All from Alabama

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 08:32:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

New to this site, Thanks Cody, member of cc.com as well. In the process of restoring a 70 Challenger SE. My first Mopar and I love it, a true FC7 383 mag. Sound deadening installed, wiring harness installed but not completely connected.  Heat/AC box rebuilt, soon will be installing the 383. Not a numbers matching car but motor is period correct.
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

:welcome: We have similar cars. Mine is a RT/SE, FC7, black vinyl, 383, auto. Does your SE have a vinyl top? Good luck with the build. Not many SE Challengers out there. Keep us posted on progress.

303 Mopar

Cuda Cody

I will NEVER get tired of seeing FC7 Challengers.    :inlove: 

Looking forward to following along as you bring it back to life.   :popcorn:

Shoooter

One of my favorite colour combo. Looks great. Where are you getting all your AC parts?

Timbbuc2

Yes it will have the Black vinyl Top, bought this car body work done and painted. Saved me alot of time and money I am sure. Its not going to Barrett-Jackson but I want to make it as original as I can for me. And let me tell you what is GREAT!!! My wife  approves 100% of the build.
:bigthumb:
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I have some of the parts but not the hoses :help:
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

A few more pics. And Thank GOD I dont have to resize them lol
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

Is that a factory original shaker hood?

Spikedog08

Welcome to Cody's awesome new ebody forum!   :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Timbbuc2

I dont think so, I am sure it is from AMD, how could I tell if it is?
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Post some photos of the underside.  70 Shaker hoods did not have crumple zones.  There's been a lot of people making shaker hoods for many years.  Some really nice ones too.  You will not have a problem selling it.  But find out if it's an original Shaker first.  If it is it's worth a LOT more money.   :bigmoney:

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on January 05, 2017, 01:53:15 PM
I dont think so, I am sure it is from AMD, how could I tell if it is?

Timbbuc2

Not home right now but I will post pics when I am. Nice hood, has the under hood brace,
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

I would be curious to know production numbers for 383 engines with the shaker hood. Can't be too many.