Main Menu

Hello from Utah

Started by 70Barracuda/6, April 16, 2020, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70Barracuda/6

Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcome! This forum is amazing. You have already pretty much convinced me to keep the /6. Thanks for saving me loads of cash :) I rebuilt the /6 for my brother back in the 80's, so it doesn't have very many miles on it. I think that throwing some kind of fuel injection on it might be nice, or even a turbo like runcharger suggested. I also saw that vortech makes a supercharger...hummm...or maybe I'll just keep that mighty 1 barrel carb rolling!

To you New Yorkers, I LOVE your state. My family visited there last year for the first time and just had the time of our lives! It was so amazing to see the Statue of Liberty and the other sites including the 911 memorial. Wow, that humbles a person. And the people there were the friendliest and the most nice and helpful people that I have ever met. I was really impressed. We also traveled north to a town called Palmyra. We just loved how green it was!

To answer the location question, I grew up in South Jordan, but now we live in a small town called Mona. It's about a 1/2 hour south of Provo.

Thanks in advance for decoding my fender tag. I will post a picture. I don't think that it had any cool options, but that is ok, I still love it. It just puts a smile on my face every time that I get behind the wheel. But truthfully I had more fun letting my son drive it to High School for his Senior year.

Here are a couple more pictures :)

nsmall

Welcome :welcome:

very cool story.  Thanks for sharing and I hope you make a lot of great memories in your ride.  I vote for a mild built 360 for a little more fun down the road :bradsthumb:

ec_co

glad to hear you leaning towards keeping it. there are a few 2bbl and 4bbl manifolds for it if you want to go that route, I'm doing it with a Sniper EFI to make it more driveable and reliable. the Vortec kit is pretty cool too. not a ton of aftermarket support for the slants, but just enough to have some fun with
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Scooter

Welcome! Add my vote to the keep the slant 6 crowd. Will be an awesum cruiser for years to come, many power adder options if you want a bit more kick.

:wave:

anlauto

Red with Red interior is pretty cool 8)

E24 - 225 Slant 6 Single 1 Barrel Carburetor (6 Cylinder) 145 Horse Power
D13 - 3 Speed Manual Transmission Floor Shift
B - Plymouth Barracuda
H - High Price Class
23 - 2 Door Hardtop
C - 225 Slant 6 Single 1 Barrel Carburetor (6 Cylinder)
0 - 1970 Model Year (F-Series)
B - Hamtramck, MI 114785 -Sequential Number
FE5 - "Bright Red" in Dodge / "Rallye Red" in Plymouth
H - High Trim Grade
6 - Vinyl Bucket Seats
E4 - Red 000 - Full Door Panel
904 - Scheduled to be built September 1969 on the 04 day
019412 -Vehicle Order Number (VON)
FE5 - Painted Top (no Vinyl Roof) "Bright Red" in Dodge / "Rallye Red" in Plymouth
C55 - Bucket Seats
M21 - Drip Rail Moldings
R11 - 2 Watt AM Radio (Music Master)
V5X - Black Molding / Protective Vinyl Insert Body Side (Includes pinstripe on 1970 Barracuda / Cuda)
Y05 - Build for USA Order
EN1 - End of Sales Codes on Fender Tag (Vehicle Assembled on production line #1)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

There a bunch of upgrades I can help with for the slant 6 that will really increase the power & milage if you decide to stay with the /6
For example mill the head .100 this will bring up the compression , the adjustable rockers will allow enough adjustment so you can still use the pushrods, porting the head also makes a huge difference as the vales are relatively small due to small bore . Find the factory alum 2 bbl intake , port match it . Use an adapter & the Holley 2300 2 bbl carb which can be tuned correctly as parts are easy to get , or you could use EFI . A cam change will help also , having more lift really helps with the small valve diameter  & last some kind of high flow exhaust manifold or header .
On my truck it would barely accelerate on the highway @65 MPH , after making these changes without changing the cam I could easily pass at 100 mph !

ec_co

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

cuda hunter

A red on red on red car!! That is sweet!! 

Cool car!  Are you planning on going back to FE5 ralley red for the exterior? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up! :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7E-Bodies

First of all, a warm welcome to the site. My first e body was a 70 /6 and I grieve over not still having it. I'm now on e body 9. I'm a strict purist when it comes to these icons. I may ruffle some feathers, so my disclaimer is "this is just MY opinion". Your car is rare for more than one reason. It's a slant 6, it's a 3 speed manual, and it hasn't been butchered into something it never was in the first place.  Most /6 cars either were swapped over with the original engine long gone (sickening) or simply dissolved by rust and sent to a crusher. These cars have a unique rarity that needs preserved. Please consider keeping it as it was born. JMHO. 

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum from Atlanta! Cool story and a cool car!
Joe

70Barracuda/6

Thank you so much for decoding my fender tag Alan, that was really cool to see! I didn't know that it told you it's birthday, that's awesome.

I want to paint it the original color and restore the original interior. Do you Utah friends have suggestions on good body and paint shops and upholstery shops in Utah?

Thanks for the links to the abodies and slant six forums and also to the sniper 2300 kit,  ec_co! I appreciate it!

ec_co

>I didn't know that it told you it's birthday, that's awesome.

Mopar VIN tags are awesome sources of information. your '70 was built in the 1st few weeks of production for the new e-body design. more than likely it was a dealer ordered base model 'to bring folks in the door on the new body style at a low price point'. think of it like a modern base Challenger SE/SXT with a v6 and minimal options. sure everyone wants a Hemi, but the 6 is fun too at a great price point and it lures in buyers. out of the roughly 5500 slants produced in '70, I only know of maybe a dozen that are still original slants on the road. today there are more '70 Hemi Cudas out there than the factory ever produced by a big factor (and to the detriment of many original slant bodied cars)

70Barracuda/6

That makes total sense to me. It is definitely staying a /6! Honestly, it's so much fun just cruising around, and I don't need to do burnouts in everything I own right?!

Here is another fun part of the history of my Barracuda. My brother bought it from a guy down the street named Doug. Doug's brother Steve and I were friends. Steve also has a /6 Barracuda in b5 blue and has kept it since High School. He has also kept the /6 in his. I'm going to see if he will join the group and post his fender tag and pictures.

ec_co

yes, please!!! the more the merrier  :drinkingbud: