Main Menu

My First EBody ever...

Started by gpm6367, February 11, 2020, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

:takealook: based on his shifter lever pic, it looks like the square protrusion "PIN" at the top that holds the bezel may be gone?

what's it look like without the grips & pattern?

gpm6367

Is there a VIN data decal on a 71 and, if so, where?

Anyone got a picture?

JS29

Only decal is on the left door. sorry no picture, mine is gone.   :alan2cents:

gpm6367

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gpm6367

RUNCHARGER

383 or 440 Dodge. Aluminum housing sold through Mopar Performance, I think that's their aluminum WP as well. Nice pieces.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on March 21, 2020, 10:49:09 AM
What is this WP off?

It's an aftermarket piece. The factory never installed aluminum set-ups like that in 70-71, lot of people like the upgrade!
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2020, 11:11:24 AM
Quote from: gpm6367 on March 21, 2020, 10:49:09 AM
What is this WP off?

It's an aftermarket piece. The factory never installed aluminum set-ups like that in 70-71, lot of people like the upgrade!

it's a Chrysler "performance" part

anlauto

I would consider Direct Connection or Mopar Performance to be "aftermarket" but that's just my choice of words.

These parts were (or may have been) manufactured by Chrysler (or for Chrysler) as an "after" thought to increase performance of their vehicles. These parts were never factory installed at the time of manufacturing the vehicle.

Are we really going to start splitting hairs when it comes to the choice of wording we use ? Seriously ? :grouphug:

6bblgt

it was a factory part originally used on 1964-'65 HEMI engined Mopars - it was and has been sold by Chrysler Corp. by their performance outlets for decades, not by the aftermarket

it is not splitting hairs - it is a factory part not an aftermarket part

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 21, 2020, 01:08:30 PM
it was a factory part originally used on 1964-'65 HEMI engined Mopars - it was and has been sold by Chrysler Corp. by their performance outlets for decades, not by the aftermarket

it is not splitting hairs - it is a factory part not an aftermarket part

Now I'm a little confused .... Are you saying the above pictured P4286900 water pump housing is an original 1964-65 Hemi part ? :huh:

JS29

YES that is what he is saying!!!!! You just got Schooled.  :Stirring:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on March 21, 2020, 02:58:14 PM
YES that is what he is saying!!!!! You just got Schooled.  :Stirring:

I enjoy coming here everyday, and if I learned something new today, that's even better, that's why we're here, Dan is one of the best :worship:

RUNCHARGER

It's a P-part. P428---- started much later than the 60's. It is an over the counter part available at a Chrysler dealer, it is listed in Direct Connection and Mopar Performance parts books. It is not a part that came on a lightweight Hemi back in the 60's on the assembly line.
Sheldon