Main Menu

My First EBody ever...

Started by gpm6367, February 11, 2020, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: gpm6367 on March 03, 2020, 02:29:42 AM

Now for the big question: your  certain that H5X9 calls for that black/ orange/ red/plaid insert?  On gunmetal? I think I'm going to be sick... :barf: pretty polarizing combination. Does anyone make those seat covers?

I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you kept the black seats!  :haha: :yes:

JS29

gpm6367

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 02, 2020, 07:59:42 PM
can you get close-up pics of the weather-strip on the leading edge of the 1/4 glass?
1970 model year's are "fuzzy" like the cat-whiskers, for 1971 they went to a smooth rubber

The weather strip is the fuzzy type. It's pretty worn but not smooth rubber. The last shows the weather strip extending beyond the end of glass toward door jamb.

gpm6367

Were those R/T emblems used in those locations on 70s?

The 71 doesn't even use a grill emblem?

anlauto

1970 had an RT emblem on the trunk lid along with a Challenger emblem. In 1970 and 1971 RT emblems were ONLY on side stripe delete cars.

Your 71 should have a "DODGE" emblem in the grill, that's it for the grill.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

All the weather-strips in your pictures look correct :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gpm6367

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 02, 2020, 07:59:42 PM
Quote from: gpm6367 on March 02, 2020, 02:21:20 AM
The rear glass and quarter glass appear original. Where are the markings on the door glass? I raised them both and do not see any.

the quarter glass are both dated "129" 12th month of 1969, 9 months before your car's production seems excessive  :dunno: but they did not have any "first in/first out" inventory practices
can you get close-up pics of the weather-strip on the leading edge of the 1/4 glass?
1970 model year's are "fuzzy" like the cat-whiskers, for 1971 they went to a smooth rubber

the door glass should have a similar logo at the trailing edge near the 1/4 window's logo

The door glass is very hard to read. Drivers door is August (8) 70 (0).

gpm6367

Not happy with the topper but will have to do for now. Fits just not right. Better then that hideous green and white interstate. I'll pick up a real one at Carlisle and save shipping.

anlauto

Hopefully by Carlisle the real batteries will be available...There's been none around for about two years now  :headbang:

gpm6367

I did not know that; I've seen them in catalogs.

gpm6367

Who sells the cap and decal set for the battery?

I'm told I'm missing the bezel on top of shift pattern; who sells it and how does it attach?

anlauto

Wow that looks weird without the bezel....I would contact Scott, he restores the shifters for Hurst. https://www.shifterdoc.com/productcart/pc/Hurst-Service-Parts-Mechanism-Parts-c53.htm

gpm6367

Can't email Scott through that website?

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on March 12, 2020, 05:08:18 PM
Can't email Scott through that website?

Try this address: areracing@aol.com  (put "Hurst shifter parts" or something in your title.)

He's restored ten shifters for me now.

JS29

@gpm6367  Classic Industries sells the bezel. I bought a kit or package that included new handles, bezel, and the cap with the shift pattern. Easy to install after you remove the three screws on the handle.  :1place: