Main Menu

New To This Forum

Started by SlyGuy, November 03, 2023, 08:42:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

PrimerGray

Looks great and gives me a bit of motivation!

anlauto

Great to see another one saved ! Welcome a board :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Welcome from Sweden.  :sweden:
Nice project!

7E-Bodies

Welcome aboard from Ill-Annoy!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

SlyGuy

Quote from: PrimerGray on November 30, 2023, 10:35:14 AMLooks great and gives me a bit of motivation!
Thanks! Money, time, and skill level are the biggest factors, but motivation is definitely a big one as well. Especially when you are in way over your head as I have been since tearing into this project  :help:

SlyGuy

Quote from: RJChallenger on November 08, 2023, 07:07:16 AM:welcome: It's threads like these , that motivate me to keep moving forward on my car . Awesome looking car. Gotta love the color. Don't worry about done right, it's not a trailer queen is it? You've got more work done in a couple of years , compared to the 3+ decades my car sat on jack stands. Great job so far. Drive it and enjoy the time with your boys . What are your plans on the interior?
Definitely NOT a trailer queen lol. I got serious about my build in 2016, so I'm seven years in. As far as interior, I am piecing it back together slow but sure just like everything else. I did the headliner myself, with the help of my lovely wife (another first for me). I'm going pretty much all black inside. I still need to source new front seats however. Open to suggestions on that. I understand the motivation issue. Make sure you act on any motivation that you get. Try to make regular steps forward even if just researching parts or how to do something. And every time something goes wrong, don't lose faith!!!!!

7212Mopar

Sourcing factory seats and then rebuild them will be expensive. If you don't care about the front stock seats, aftermarket options that resemble factory are available and they make seat adapter for them or you can make your own. I went with the Procar Ellite 1100 seats.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

340challconvert

:welcome: to the site from New Jersey
Nice Work on the Challenger; Looking GOOD!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

SlyGuy

Quote from: 7212Mopar on December 03, 2023, 11:00:09 AMSourcing factory seats and then rebuild them will be expensive. If you don't care about the front stock seats, aftermarket options that resemble factory are available and they make seat adapter for them or you can make your own. I went with the Procar Ellite 1100 seats.
Thanks for the input. Aftermarket is fine for my project. I will check them out for sure.

7212Mopar

If you do a search on seats, you will find posts where some members went to the salvage yard to pick up some "Tibouron" seats and then fabricate adapter brackets to install. It will have more adjustment than the Procar aftermarket seats that just had slider and tilt adjustment. Try PM Brad.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

torredcuda

Viper/Neon SRT seats -
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/