Main Menu

New member from northern colorado

Started by 74northerncruster, August 25, 2023, 09:03:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

74northerncruster

hello all and thank you for the welcome. i just purchased my first e-body, heck its my first Mopar in general. when searching for the next project, (which was a 77-78 trans am) i came across a 74 challenger that was all original with 71k original miles in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. it wasn't a ralleye or anything special, just a 318 auto but for the previous owners asking price was worth ditching my wifes family reunion to run a few hours out to see it, and take it home.
the car has a little rust on the lower fenders, rockers, rear wells, etc but the floors, roof under vinyl, trunk all look good.

i can say i have some pretty wild ideas for what id like to do but i wanted to ask:
what is the current status of these frown faced challengers? i know they aren't the most desirable but with the 70-71's becoming so few and far in between, have these picked up any traction and gain any value? i ask because i don't have any immediate plans to sell the car, but if keeping it original would be best, i would consider it.
one last question, whats the most affordable place to find a reproduced duck tail wing?

thank you all for the warm welcome and info. looking forward to referencing all the threads for the rebuilding process ill be undertaking this winter.

cuda hunter

Howdy and welcome from Central Colorado.
I have spent a bunch of time in Northern Colorado hunting dinosaurs.

Let's see some more pics of your awesome car!  Where in Wyoming did you get it from?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Blowout

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site !
All of the older muscle cars are increasing in value , they are not making any more ,the 74 is very rare , only about 3000 made total !

JS29

:welcome:   Enjoy your car in what ever way you decide!  :handshake:

74northerncruster

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 25, 2023, 09:52:02 PM
Howdy and welcome from Central Colorado.
I have spent a bunch of time in Northern Colorado hunting dinosaurs.

Let's see some more pics of your awesome car!  Where in Wyoming did you get it from?

Cuda hunter, good to see some folks from the region. i can say likewise for hanging around exit colorado, fly fishing is one of my favorite past times. what kind of dinsoaurs have you been hunting? i found the car in basin wyoming. the wifes family reunion was in thermopolis and being as close as we were, i wasnt going to miss it! ill add some more pictures as i get it out and work on it im in the process of selling the last finished project to clear up the space.

Brads70

Welcome from Canada!
As far as parts go , for new stuff our site sponsor gives us a discount ( just need to mention it) https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/

The Chrysler Carlisle is likely the best place to find parts, one stop shopping if you will?
I don't know about you but hunting up the parts is just as much fun as building it and driving it.
Lots of road trips scoring " gold"  I really enjoy that part of it too!

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on your score! Josh, what're you using when you're hunting dinos? A 50 BMG would be a minimum, wouldn't it?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ZippyZoo

Welcome from SW Denver - Littleton area.  Great find.  Lots of potential.
You'll find a lot of expert advise on this site.  Great information and resources.

cudamadd

Welcome looks like a great project 74 the last year of the ebody  wow awsome car for your first mopar  :australia:

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Keep us posted on your plans and progress!  :bigthumb:

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Ft Worth, Texas.   If you get your rebuild done over the winter, I will stand and applaud you.   It took me 8 years.   Best of luck with your project!  As others have said, there is a lot of info in the various threads on this site along with great help with any questions from the community.

PatO

Welcome from Castle Rock! 

That should be a nice project.  There is a lot of information on this site to help you out. I'd say it's invaluable.

Good Luck!  :bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Welcome from SoCal from another 74 owner.
As yours started life as a base model, any tasteful modifications will not hurt value. Proper mods can improve value.
Leave it as is or make it what will allow you to take it out and enjoy it.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

70_440-6Cuda

:welcome:

Another welcome from SoCal....I am still struggling with original vs. aftermarket vs. reproduction so good luck!  Lots of help here for sure
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....