Main Menu

New Member South Texas

Started by Rallye, March 09, 2022, 05:46:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rallye

Hello everyone! I just joined this site yesterday but have owned my 72 Challenger Rallye since 2001 which I received from my father who purchased it in 1976. I found this site by looking up VIN locations on my car. And I have a question? No one mentions finding VIN documentation like I have found! Besides all the usual ones I have a NEW CAR PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE INSPECTION sheet which also has the VIN hand written on it. Looks like a inspection done by the receiving dealership on the car from the factory? Anybody have more information about this?

cuda hunter

Not a very common thing to find.  Super cool !!

I'm sure someone will chime in with more info on specifics.

In the mean time, could you take a few closer pictures so that I can see it better.  That is an awesome thing to have for your car!  I've not found one of those yet for any mopar I have owned.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Problem was...years ago people were selling blank ones  :dunno: I think I have a Plymouth one around here somewhere  :thinking:

Welcome to our site, the best E Body site in the world  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   

I had to look up where Three Rivers is located.   Turns out I used to live not too far from you when Corpus Christi was home.

That's some really cool documentation you found.

JS29

Rallye

I did expect some negative remarks but all information is welcome. When my father gave me the car in early 2001 I was overseas active duty U.S. Navy. Once back in the U.S. I drove the car to Lemoore CA. from Colorado Springs. From the there it went into storage in 2004 as I went to Japan. After returning from Japan and retiring in 2008 the car again just moved to another storage until September 2021 when I retired from working as a construction superintendent on the road. So in 2001 I took all the paperwork out of the car and put it in the safe. Until September 2021 when I started getting the car in running condition. The motor has been rebuilt by Jasper Engines and a lot of parts replaced. Fuel tank and components, radiator and I even yanked out the original factory AC and had a complete Vintage Air system installed, tach, speedometer. And a few other minor fixes. So the New Car Pre-Delivery Service Inspection sheet was folded up and inside the original buyer's warranty card. So I feel it is authentic and original to the car. I was just asking if this is a inspection that was done by the receiving dealership when they received the car from the factory? Or before they delivered it to the original buyer?

anlauto

I wasn't trying to be negative, or suggesting yours was a more recent copy, I'm just saying the problem with these is that copies were floating around, and quite easy to fill out....
I would think this was a dealer thing, not the factory...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rallye

I gotcha! I know there are people out there doing uncool things! I appreciate the information. Ever had a hard time finding the serial number on a automatic transmission? Where it says it should be is smooth!

anlauto

I just dug out the one I have, it looks old and torn off of a pad. It does say service department right on it, so I'm guessing it was used by the dealer...
I also found this form, it could have been a manufacture thing  :dunno:

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

Rallye

It would make sense for the dealership to inspect the car when received from the factory. I see the color difference on the 2 forms. Dodge - Plymouth. Odd seeing blanks though! Lol! Mine does have a form number in the top left corner.

Rallye

I was stationed in Ingleside near CC when it was still a Navy base. I'm about 75 miles from CC. I've actually been to Buffalo but didn't like the snow!

cudamadd

Welcome aboard. Nice car glad you joined up enjoy the forum cheers  :australia:

Rallye

Melbourne? Awesome! I visited Fremantle and Perth in the late 90s on board the USS Ranger! Beautiful country! Thank you!

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  You'll hear about photos before too long. LOL  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"