Main Menu

Searching for my first E body

Started by Killerper4mance, May 09, 2020, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Killerper4mance

Hello everyone, I've been hanging around here "in the shadows," and finally decided to step into the light and join the party from Texas. I am on the hunt for my first E body.  :ebay:  Hoping to find one soon. I noticed that everyone wants to see pics of what you have, so here is the closest thing I've got  :D :

chris NOS

Welcome ! wish you a good hunt on your first E-body ! ;)

xx88man

:welcome:   from BC Canada.  Nice Cuda! What type of E-body are you looking for? Show car, driver, project or something else? Is there a certain year you want and what is your budget?
Keep yer foot in it

70 Challenger Lover

Welcome. There's a lot of cars out there right now.

Killerper4mance

Quote from: xx88man on May 10, 2020, 07:09:04 AM
:welcome:   from BC Canada.  Nice Cuda! What type of E-body are you looking for? Show car, driver, project or something else? Is there a certain year you want and what is your budget?

I'm looking for a driver around 20k, and will consider both models. I want something that I can just jump in and drive. I would love to find a 71 Cuda, but understand that it is unlikely with my budget. I'm looking primarily at 70-71 models and crossing my fingers I can find "the right one" with a 4-speed. The Cuda is my first love, but the Challenger has grown on me a lot since hanging out on this site. My short list, right now, is made up of T/A and R/T tributes and a Challenger with a shaker hood. No Cuda's on the list at the moment.  :rubeyes:

CudaMoparRay

ec_co

Welcome! keep an eye on the Classifieds section, folks post a lot of finds and seems like a few more are popping up lately. much luck on your hunt!
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

:welcome: Good luck in finding your first E-Body!  :cheers:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

formula_s

Quote from: anlauto on May 10, 2020, 02:36:04 PM
$20K won't get you much :alan2cents:

/quote]

Yeah , maybe a roller 318 or /6 car, without an engine.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama , my advice is to buy the best & most complete car you can find , it will save you $$ in the long run , projects that are missing parts will always cost more just locating & buying small missing parts alone.

70 Challenger Lover

A lot of cars have been showing up on eBay and Facebook groups. Obviously, you would want to go out and personally inspect any car before purchase and if possible, make the transaction there on the spot ready to take possession of what you just bought. Too many crooks these days.

Killerper4mance

Thanks for the info everyone. I've got my eye on a couple of cars, I just wish they were a little closer to me.  :Thud:

anlauto

Quote from: Killerper4mance on May 12, 2020, 08:55:26 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. I've got my eye on a couple of cars, I just wish they were a little closer to me.  :Thud:

Paying a third party inspector is always sound advice if you can't view the car yourself. We also have a network of members here from all around North America, and the world, that would likely offer help for free... :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Killerper4mance

Thanks Anlauto!  I'll check into that.