Main Menu

V-Code Owner

Started by V Code Dave, July 09, 2021, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

V Code Dave

:pullinghair: Thank you for hosting and moderating this Forum. I promise to be a good member. My wife and I own a 1970 'Cuda 440-6. Matching numbers car that we purchased in 1989. This is a California emissions car. It is supposed to have a vented gas cap. I have been told that it is a specific gas cap just for California emissions equipped cars, not a standard, non-vented version.  I have checked with all the usual places and cannot find a non-vented  gas cap that is designated specifically for California ECS cars only. Am I searching for a unicorn that doesn't exist or can the non-vented, typical E-body cap work?
I appreciate any advice. Respectfully, Dave

JS29

anlauto

Welcome Dave...you've found the best E Body website in the world.. :grouphug:
Be sure to visit our main page and view all the resources we have put together, everything from Service manuals to broadcast sheet decoders... :twothumbsup: something for everyone.

Great looking car you have there :drooling:

Alan from Georgetown Ontario
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

:welcome:   I've seen plenty of posts through the years about trouble finding a fuel cap that fits... California emissions complicates things 

Perhaps @MoparDave will chime in on if his '70-correct reproduction cap will be right
https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/gas-cap-non-vented-1970-a-b-c-e/
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Brads70

Welcome to the site, great looking Cuda! My car was also built for CA and I had a heck of a time finding the right gas cap. Finally found one sitting in a dusty box on a shelf in a buddy's auto parts store. He never knew it was there till I asked about one.

I found an old post on our old site and found this.... hope it helps?

"I found out that 71 AND  70 CA emissions cars have a different cap if you have aprox 1/4 slots in the cap/filler neck it's the 71 or CA emmisions cap all other years have aprox 7/16 slots? Mine has the 1/4 slots and it's a 1970 model? "

Chryco Psycho

Welcome Dave
the 70 is  a one year only cap being a vented cap , in 71 they used a sealed cap if you use a sealed cap you need to have a vent somewhere in the fuel system , it may vent into the engine / PCV system . You can use a vented cap without issue as the tank can still breath .

jimynick

I just saw this and wanted to welcome you to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  as mentioned, nice car!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

xx88man

Welcome Dave. Nice car you have there
Keep yer foot in it

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site. sweet cuda.  :cheers:

7E-Bodies

Welcome from Central IL. My 70 Challenger RT isn't a California car, so I'm not much help, but I've just done some learning on this thread. Great place to be.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California