Main Menu

2229171 Master Cylinder Empty Core 097 1970 Dated ☆SOLD☆

Started by 6Pack70, July 16, 2019, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

I have one very hard to find 2229171 (1970 disc brake only) Empty Master Cylinder Core in very nice condition.  No pitting or rot and a clear date of 097.  (April 7 1970).  Inside is clean and looks to only need light cleanup to install your piston and seals.  Original tube seals are still in place.  Lid is an original blank version and was sent to Resto Rick a while back for proper stamping.   I would like $500 for this core because of its date and how clean it is.  This will be an excellent Master cylinder for your AAR or T/A after rebuild and detailing.   Parts are located in Troy, New York and will ship this to anywhere in the U.S. and Canada with Tracking Number and Insurance for the actual cost of shipping through the U.S. Post Office.  Or you can pick up in person.   PM me for my phone number if you would like to discuss anything.   I also have a few other AAR extras I might let go of.   Thanks   ;)

anlauto

@SYDWAZ what do you think ? Be over a grand CDN by the time it's rebuilt ??? :bigmoney:

Eddie, thanks for PMing first, sorry I didn't get back to you. :sorry:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

No problem  Alan...
It's  definitely the best 171 bare core I've ever found, especially with a good date on it.

6Pack70

Master cylinder  core is sold.  Thanks so much.   

1 Wild R/T

Question is where do you get pistons?   The rebuild kit doesn't include them....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 16, 2019, 01:23:58 PM
Question is where do you get pistons?   The rebuild kit doesn't include them....

That's kinda what I was thinking too :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudakiller70

Does it have a unique piston? Would one from a different MC work?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on July 16, 2019, 01:52:31 PM

The kit that was sold as correct didn't work because the pistons are wrong... The kit that does work comes with the correct seals mounted on a piston that doesn't work...  You use those seals on your original piston...

Waiting to hear from the M/C guru @JS27NOB

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM

The kit that was sold as correct didn't work because the pistons are wrong... The kit that does work comes with the correct seals mounted on a piston that doesn't work...  You use those seals on your original piston...

Anyone have pictures of the wrong/correct pistons?  Just wondering how tough it would be to get someone with a cnc lathe to do a small run of them? Can't be that difficult?  :notsure: Anything made by man should easily be able to be reproduced. It's not rocket science...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on July 16, 2019, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM

Anyone have pictures of the wrong/correct pistons?  Just wondering how tough it would be to get someone with a cnc lathe to do a small run of them? Can't be that difficult?  :notsure: Anything made by man should easily be able to be reproduced. It's not rocket science...

I agree, however & I know this is BS but consider the liability angle....

JH27N0B

Is there a JS27N0B on the board? Probably, R/T verts are like feet, everyone's got one!   :P
In case he doesn't reply I'll put in my  :alan2cents:
There is a guy on Moparts and also lists on eBay who sells a kit for these, maybe he's a member here too? Ns1aar I think he calls himself. The kit may only have a primary piston and seals in it, as until recently there was an aftermarket kit for the A body disc MCs widely available and the secondary piston in it is the same as for '70 E body disc. Also, Brake and Equipment Warehouse made up primary pistons for these.
The A body kit Raybestos MK551 and Napa United 551 recently was discontinued so one would have to search to find one.
Or find an NOS kit.  I found one a number of years ago on eBay and paid $200 then I think, I can't guess what it might be worth now.

mike ketterer

year one can supply the kits with pistons. thats where i get all my master cylinder kits.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on July 16, 2019, 07:24:20 PM
Is there a JS27N0B on the board? Probably, R/T verts are like feet, everyone's got one!   :P
In case he doesn't reply I'll put in my  :alan2cents:

And I even knew yours wasn't an R/T....  Oh well... Mine is....  Like Belly Buttons.... :haha: 

JH27N0B

For some reason emails from E bodies.org end up in my Comcast spam folder, so even if you'd got my handle correct, tagging me probably wouldn't have got my attention anyway!
And I get a warning notice if I try to access this site on my work PC, this place is pretty sketchy!  :crazytalk: