Main Menu

ECS 70-74 Challenger Package Tray W/Speakers

Started by Floyd, July 29, 2021, 10:29:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Brand new ECS package tray with correct dual speaker cutouts for 1970-74 Challengers.  Black with a subdued texture.  Still in the sealed package.  I ordered the wrong version.  Retails for $95 plus shipping.  Asking $85 with free delivery to the Nats show in Columbus.  That's probably a $25-30 savings.

Thanks for the ad!

anlauto

I have a question about these....I remember when Dave  :andyangel: was complaining about the only ones available at the time, being completely wrong with the hole spacing, sizing, texture etc...etc...
I know he worked closely with REM to bring out his version of "the exact correct" part...yadda yadda yadda....which is a beautiful thing...and I notice it's still in REM packaging  :rubeyes:

But my question is....moving forward, after REM burned through their existing inventory, would they just continue to make them WRONG :pullinghair: or have they adapted Dave's version and sell everybody corrected ones ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

No idea.  I think ECS advertises that they offer different textures as well.  Apparently there was some variety in the originals.

anlauto

Maybe ECS has them cut by REM, then applies their own custom texture and colours ?? I can't see REM doing that for such a limited amount... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

REM offers the E-Body package trays in what they describe as "Regular NO VINYL" and "Regular Grained Panel Board, NO VINYL" .  These are available with or without speakers in the colors of Black, Aqua, Beige, Brown, Saddle, Tan,  Bright Red, Medium Red, Maroon, Dark Blue, Medium Blue, Gold and Green. The "Regular" tray from REM is more of slicker material and not as thick and rigid as the "Regular Grained Panel Board" that they offer. 

I have never compared the ECS tray to the REM offering vs an OEM piece.  If someone would be interested in comparing the pieces, I will have both styles of the REM trays available at Then Nats.  Would be interesting in seeing how the four may compare.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.