Main Menu

1970 Big Block A/C parts NEEDED....

Started by anlauto, February 25, 2017, 07:22:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@jetmech   Let me know if this is what you are looking for?

Quote from: jetmech on February 28, 2017, 09:46:06 PM
@Cuda Cody  I'm looking at #3, the a/c compressor that Alan passed on, I'd be interested in the complete clutch/coil assembly. Can you get a better picture of the front face to see if it's the right one I'm looking for.

Vic

Cuda Cody

I think it's off a big block, but not 100% sure.

anlauto

@jetmech you're welcome to the clutch/coil assembly, but consider pressing a new bearing into it :alan2cents: before you use it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jetmech

thanks @Cuda Cody  for getting the pictures. That one I believe is a '72 style clutch, with the four ribs at 12/3/6/9 o'clock positions. I'm looking for a '69-71 style which has a smooth front. I have that '72 style right now and want to change it out to be more correct before I put everything back together. Thanks for the help   :worship:

@anlauto good tip on replacing the bearing. I plan to have some of my parts restored so that should be taken care of, when I find the '70 style clutch. Luckily I was able to get a complete small block set-up with the two impossible to find compressor suction and discharge lines for my 340. I'll have those restored and the rest of the components will be new.   :ohyeah:

Vic

Roadman

Quote from: jetmech on March 01, 2017, 01:04:26 PM
thanks @Cuda Cody  for getting the pictures. That one I believe is a '72 style clutch, with the four ribs at 12/3/6/9 o'clock positions. I'm looking for a '69-71 style which has a smooth front. I have that '72 style right now and want to change it out to be more correct before I put everything back together. Thanks for the help   :worship:

@anlauto good tip on replacing the bearing. I plan to have some of my parts restored so that should be taken care of, when I find the '70 style clutch. Luckily I was able to get a complete small block set-up with the two impossible to find compressor suction and discharge lines for my 340. I'll have those restored and the rest of the components will be new.   :ohyeah:

I think I have the clutch you need, will look tomorrow and advise.   :drinkingbud:

Vic

jetmech

@Roadman   Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look for the clutch for me.

Roadman

Quote from: jetmech on March 02, 2017, 11:42:43 AM
@Roadman   Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look for the clutch for me.

No prob, won't be able to check till Sat. Will let you know.     :slapme5:

anlauto

@jetmech Where abouts in Ontario are you ? I might have one too...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jetmech

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jetmech

I've actually been to his place once before to buy something awhile back

anlauto

Cool.....I know I have a couple of them, I'll have to see what the front looks like, next time I'm out at my storage area.

anlauto

@jetmech Sorry, but this is what I have. Came off of a 70 Challenger, but that doesn't mean it was original....

Thought I had two, but could only find one this morning.

Roadman

Mine looks aftermarket, no dice. Sorry @jetmech

jetmech

Thanks guys for looking, Alan that one you have there is the same I currently have. Either I'll keep looking or use mine. Thanks again guys