Main Menu

1970 cuda fender turn signals

Started by pink aar, May 02, 2017, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ebodydominator

Does the bulb twist out or pull out? I have a buddy who has a 72 Charger & the bulbs are bad. Can anyone advise me?

wanderlustin

Quote from: ebodydominator on May 07, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
Does the bulb twist out or pull out? I have a buddy who has a 72 Charger & the bulbs are bad. Can anyone advise me?
@ebodydominator the knurled socket twists off and houses the bulb.  The bulb just pulls out from there :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pink aar

I received the lights from Krusinmoons over the weekend. The are nice. If you need a set, I recommend you buy a set from them. You will not be disappointed with them.

Jay Bee

The picture in Reply #6 shows chrome ones. Was chrome really available with these.
My Parts book doesn't show and distinction between painted and chrome that I can see. Pictures of NOS ones all look to be in primer. I have a pair of chrome ones and am wondering if they're legit.

Thanks
John

YYZ

@Jay Bee

That style, with the lens fully boxed, should be in primer or paint only.  The same goes for '71 'Cuda/Barracuda though the housing itself is a bit longer.

Dodges tended to use a chrome housing, however, there is no bar that goes along the bottom of the lens.  Non-R/T Challengers, Darts, Coronets etc.

And as always, there are exceptions.  I parted out a rusty, original paint '71 Challenger 318 car and it came with '70 'Cuda style painted fender turn signals

Jay Bee

Well that answers that, my extra set and the ones in Reply #6 were chromed at one point.

My other tell tale between Cuda '70 & '71 is that 70's are chopped off at the back whereas 71's slope all the down to the fender, but you knew that.  :cheers: