Main Menu

OEM parts or not - 1970 “Cuda fender mounted turn signals

Started by JSmithTN, April 15, 2022, 04:16:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JSmithTN

I was wanting to know if someone can tell me if the fender mounted turn signal in the picture is a OEM and if so, is there a way to disassemble it to clean the lens without drilling the braid out?
Thanks for your help
Jeff

cudamadd

I am not sure . Only thing is that I have one set on a car and two sets I got of eBay over the years and they all have a small bolt in place of your pictured rivet or braid interesting  :australia:

YYZ

That looks like an OEM Mopar fender top turn signal, however, it's of a type used on '70 Darts, Coronets/Super Bees and some flat-hood Challengers. I've also had '71 Challengers that came with the '70 'Cuda style signal

The '70 'Cuda version is very similar except that it is painted, not chromed, and there is a bar that 'frames' the bottom of the lens.

The rivet doesn't look to be original - usually there is a small screw that holds the lens tab in place.

This site has lots of the different variants as well as replacement lenses, bulbs and wires

http://www.krusinmoons.com/reproductionproducts.html

JSmithTN

YYZ,
Thank you for the information, I will check the link that you have provided and see what I need to get.
Is there a accurate resource for information regarding other suspected OEM parts?
By the way I've been fortunate to get to see Rush 4-5 times stating back in the 70's on the 2112 tour.
Thanks again
Jeff