Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 Fender Mount Turn Signals

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, September 20, 2023, 01:49:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

still looking for '70 fender mount turn signals, thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

CudaJim

@70_440-6Cuda

I still have some original outer housings, that's all - same as our conversations on your similar post last September.

I assume you are still looking for the best, complete factory originals you can find, which I can't help with.  Good luck in your search!

71GranCoupe

Were they available in chrome and paint or just paint?

CudaJim

@71GranCoupe

Going strictly by memory, I believe 1970 was painted only, 1971 was painted (a different shaped housing) or chrome (a different housing, per one local car and owner that says they are original...I'm somewhat skeptical), and I think 72-74 was chrome...  someone correct me.  See the top 'Similar Topic' discussion below for more info, details and pics for 1970-only fender mount turn signals..

toadstool

Make sure that when you get yours they come apart to change the light bulbs. They sit in the wheel well and they get a lot of water on them and rust. They may cosmetically look good on the outside but they just will not come apart no matter what you do. I would hate for you to buy a used set only to find out they are rusted together and will not come apart.
70 Cuda Convertible

70_440-6Cuda

@toadstool thanks for the heads up - those are the kinds of things that are really helpful for someone that has been out of the hobby for a while and finding the landscape for Mopar restoration can be very tricky - lots of misinformation out there and I already have a few "unfortunate" purchases....

I had a line on a set of NOS ones, but wasn't willing to pay $800 for that........
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on September 22, 2023, 11:22:09 AM
@toadstool thanks for the heads up - those are the kinds of things that are really helpful for someone that has been out of the hobby for a while and finding the landscape for Mopar restoration can be very tricky - lots of misinformation out there and I already have a few "unfortunate" purchases....

I had a line on a set of NOS ones, but wasn't willing to pay $800 for that........

Dang, $800 for NOS, if that is what they are worth, I might consider letting mine go. After thinking about it, naw, couldn't replace them.  :crazytalk:

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on September 22, 2023, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on September 22, 2023, 11:22:09 AM

Dang, $800 for NOS, if that is what they are worth, I might consider letting mine go. After thinking about it, naw, couldn't replace them.  :crazytalk:

No, thats not what they are worth which is why I didn't buy them  :haha:

198D13

They were worth that and they did sell for that, to a guy in N.Y., also with a 6bbl 'cuda.

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: 198D13 on September 25, 2023, 06:34:08 AM
They were worth that and they did sell for that, to a guy in N.Y., also with a 6bbl 'cuda.

Let me stand corrected, they were not worth that to me.

BluRaySRT

I have two of these available.  They are brand new.   $100.00 for both.  Shipping included.  PM me.

70_440-6Cuda